SASS Wire Forum

Real BP or BP sub

The Bearded Wonder

My snobbish Open-tops don't want to shoot anything but full case loads of 3f Goex  in  .44 Spl. and My 66 only wants full case loads of 3f Goex in her .38-40 cases...

And my old stand-by 66 calls for full case loads of Goex 3F in .45 Colt ,,,, Yes they are kinda Snobbish but I'm Not inclined to try and convince them that what works is Wrong .....

My Marlin 94 is starting to move to the Dark Side as Well ,,, Such Snobbery :P by I can live with it

Jabez Cowboy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

My snobbish Open-tops don't want to shoot anything but full case loads of 3f Goex  in  .44 Spl. and My 66 only wants full case loads of 3f Goex in her .38-40 cases...

And my old stand-by 66 calls for full case loads of Goex 3F in .45 Colt ,,,, Yes they are kinda Snobbish but I'm Not inclined to try and convince them that what works is Wrong .....

My Marlin 94 is starting to move to the Dark Side as Well ,,, Such Snobbery :P by I can live with it

Jabez Cowboy

Who says BP is wrong?

Only time I hear BP folks bitching, they're attacking those that shoot subs...:wacko:

Phantom

Phantom ;

I don't care what kind of Smokie Stuff anyone shoots ....

But I am always available to help those that Want to shoot the real Black Powder ...

As for loading Subs, they can have the pleasure of exploring that by themselves , as I have not spend a lot of time working with subs ...

Other than some preasure testing about 25 years ago , I found velocity spreads greater than I wanted and groups bigger than I could accept ....

So by all means shoot whatever Smokie propelent  turns your Crank ,,,, But DO make Smoke ....

Phantom this would be a great year to come and shoot in Western Canada ,,,,, there you is Invited Again ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived