SASS Wire Forum

WTT parts for Hornady Pro 7

I was given a Pro 7...that said there are a few parts I need that are not available from Hornady. Firstly I can use the primer tube for small primers and the cup for small primers. I am looking for the shell plate for .45acp too. I have 4 shell plates that I would be open to do some trading. Hornady said the new shell plates will not fit.  FYI They do have a good trade in deal for $250.00 you get a brand new machine with a powder measure. I am sure that does not include shipping and tax.  If I did not already have 2 blue machines the trade in would be a done deal. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

# 01 not sure what caliber

#16 not sure what caliber

#30 44Rem mag

#32 45 Colt

Hochbauer

Years ago I was given a Pro-7 and Projector along with several shellplates from a friend who was getting out of the reloading business. I had  a Dillon SD and a 550. and still use them for some calibers.  I tried using the two Hornady machines and found them very frustrating especially the priming operation. I found I had better luck leaving one of them for small size and one for large size primers

When I found out about the Hornady trade in offer I took it and have found the new Lock-N-Load worth the difference. There is a learning curve getting used to them and getting everything set. Hornady will modify those shell plates you have to work on the LNL for a modest price. The 01 shell plate is for the .30-06 and those similar cases and back then was the shell plate for .45 ACP. They list a #45 shell plate now  for .45 ACP  The 16 is for .223 and all those similar cases in addition to .380. Recently there was someone on this forum who had acquired one of the older ones and there was lots of discussion about it 

I do currently have a  Dillon set up one for small primer and one for large primer. So the deal is tempting but not necessary at this time. Not to say I might not do it in the future. If I can trade a few plates then have parts to use this for small and large then i am good. But I do appreciate the feedback

Archived