SASS Wire Forum

RIP Sgt. Salt (Glen Hunt)

Goody, SASS #26190

Just received an email informing me of the passing of Sgt. Salt, another North Texas area shooter. He went to be with the Lord on June 25th, I don't have any details. I hadn't seen him in a number of years as he quit shooting around 2005. He would occasionally email me and just shoot the bull. He was one of "The Sargent's", a group of 4 or 5 shooters that dressed in cavalry garb and all were non coms. They were resplendit when they all showed up on a weekend. He was a kind, jovial man and I am proud to have known him.

Here is the email that was sent.

Jul 15 at 4:34 PM

Keith, 

I am hoping that this email finds the right person for the message I need to pass along. 

My Dad, Glen Hunt Jr died at home on June 25. I cannot find his Cowboy Action Handle or his SASS # at the moment.  I am hoping you know what it is for the message that needs to go out. 

Dad specifically requested that his CAS friends be notified of his passing and invited for a memorial celebration complete with beer and BBQ.So, to that end I respectfully request that you notify the community of the following event:

Glen L Hunt Jr  Memorial Celebration 

Saturday August 5, 2pm – 4pm

Billy Bob’s TX in Ft Worth 

Beer and BBQ will be served. 

We welcome each of you and a guest to remember my Dad.

Please RSVP as soon as you can but, no later than Monday July 31 so we can order food accordingly.

RSVP to glen.hunt1@cox.net or 602-403-8614

Thank You for your help with this. Feel free to contact me via email or phone with any questions.

Regards,

Glen L Hunt III (AKA Sonny)

602-403-8614

Archived