SASS Wire Forum

SHOTGUN Sequences anyone??

16 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

A couple of clubs down here will set up the SG knockdowns so that you can knock down multiple targets with one shot. It's still a plus stage so you have to fire the extra round or round for the extra targets that you knock down. I do that whenever possible because it adds a fun factor and most of the other shooters get a laugh out of it. Down at Dulzura years a go they used a SG knockdown target that consisted of the five cowboys on a rack next to each other and if you had the right loads you could take all five down with as little as two rounds. They don't do that one any more. I thought it was a hoot. 

In the past, I'd shoot SG loads that would KD multiple targets, even with poor aiming.

It was fun at the time. Now, my neck hurts 24/7.

Our local posses, Ottawa Valley Marauders, Wild Turkey Posse and Ruff's Riders normally have a SG order for the stages.

While we use some KDs, we seem to favour swingers over KDs. 

One type of "Swinger" we have is a plate welded to a pivoting bar, welded to a heavy floor stand.

A hit will turn the plate to the other side, to be shot again, without having to re-set it.

We call it a "JEROME" after the fellow who made them up for us.

No misses on SG, just have to shoot it again. Penalty is the time taken to load and shoot.

FYI, Jeromes are the square plates far left and right.

Winter Camp February 2016 009.JPG

Archived