SASS Wire Forum

WTB BeaverTail Forearm for SKB

Max Payne

The little woman has started to shoot black powder, & could use a beavertail forearm to assist with the heat. A friend found the necessary hardware & mounted a borrowed beavertail on her SKB100, which she is currently shooting. I think that one actually may have come off of an SKB200. Unfortunately, we'll have to give that one back soon.

I'd like to have a pretty good one, with no cracks, etc.

Who's got one, & how much do you want for it?

Max,

Good Luck with finding another SKB beaver tail forearm on good condition. The BT for SKB 200 & 280 were/are notorious for splitting with strong hunting loads. After several yrs of searching I finally got a 70% inletted forend from Johnny Meadows that came from Macon Gunstocks. It was a lot of work (I have the tools & time) to fit & finish it to my 200E. A very good & cheap alternative is a leather sleeve that fits over the fore end of a SKB 100. I fashioned one for Squeaky's 100 when she started shooting BP in 2011, it's still on her SG today. She won the 2014 Winter Range National Championship LFC with that sleeve I made for about $2 worth of leather. There are several leather makers that are crafting the sleeves around the US. Way less expensive & it wraps around the fore end AND the barrel.

Archived