SASS Wire Forum

Thank you Bob James

Arizona pistolsmith Bob James donated two action jobs to the Arizona Territorial Rangers, the group of folks that that put up, maintain, and tear down the Winter Range National Championship match. These were given out by drawing at the Rangers banquet Tuesday evening after Winter Range was torn down and put away. By a series of flukes I ended up with both of them and got my Colts to Bob on Thursday morning. To my total surprise, they were ready today! When I got the Colts from Bob, he explained that they were for "premium, rush" action jobs. Even so, WOW! Thank you Bob. We got a chance to sit and talk for a bit and I was able to add to my education - thanks, Bob. Last year at Winter Range Bob fell off the back of a truck and hurt his back some and WR this year was the first match he has shot since then. His work is as good as ever (that is to say as good as action work gets) and it was my good fortune to benefit from the "rush" job and get the Colts back so quickly. Once again I say: Thanks Bob, you're the best!

I'd be stoked to get one colt, but two? I think the fix is in haha. You're a lucky man. Bob James has done action jobs on all my colts and they're so smooth you'd think you were paying with a toy. Outstanding work. If you decide you no longer need them, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

I'd be stoked to get one colt, but two? I think the fix is in haha. You're a lucky man. Bob James has done action jobs on all my colts and they're so smooth you'd think you were paying with a toy. Outstanding work. If you decide you no longer need them, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

You couldn't afford my asking price...

I'm sure you're right. The only thing I could offer up in trade would be my two favorite Bob James worked colts, which would completely defeat the purpose. Again, great score. I look forward to some pics

Archived