SASS Wire Forum

Help identify this shell casing/headstamp for me please!

This casing is so dimensionally similar to a 9mm shell casing that it runs thru my de-primer/resizing die on my reloading press. If mixed into a bunch of 9mm casings it becomes indistinguishable amongst them unless you read its headstamp (only way of telling its not one) Have any of you seen this before and is there any info you have?

unknown%20casing%201_zpshsd2amgr.jpg

unknown%20casing%202_zpseyfcrcbl.jpg

DId you try "Googling" WCC headstamps?

Winchester "white box" 9mm target ammo mfg in 2011.

The NATO symbol (+ in a circle) indicates this is Mil Spec brass.

I was throwing them out of the 9mm batches during reloading just to be positive (never want to reload the wrong shell to other specs) Plus I like to keep all the same headstamps and I dont shoot those anyway, they just get swept into mine at the range every once in awhile and I always wondered what the heck they were!

Note that the primer pocket is crimped being military brass. Although the crimp isn't as big as rifle brass you should still ream out the pocket to ensure good primer seating.

Note that the primer pocket is crimped being military brass. Although the crimp isn't as big as rifle brass you should still ream out the pocket to ensure good primer seating.

Ha! Thats how I find them, when I'm hand priming (how I prefer to do it) They make themselves aperent by then if they have been visually overlooked by there headstamps..... (they dont like taking a standard small primer at all!) No worries I prefer sticking to starline brass (best brass for the buck)

P.S. thought that primer pocket looked weird :blink:

Archived