SASS Wire Forum

SASS Texas State BP match

Goody, SASS #26190

Just a quick note to say thanks to Shady McClary, Rock Rotten, Chula Kat and everyone involved with the planning and running of the match this past weekend. I had a marvelous time. The range looked spectacular, especially knowing what we went through this spring with the tornados. Scenarios were fun, easy to follow and just challenging enough. I really enjoy watching folks who don't shoot BP very often, some this was their first match with it. Luckily we had a good breeze all weekend so the targets were incovering rapidly. But everywhere I looked were smiles and laughing, everyone seemed to have a good time. A very low stress, high entertainment atmosphere. Great food both days, breakfast and lunch prepared by the head chef, Chula Kat, ably assisted by a bevy of volunteers. All provided gratis by the good folks at Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club.

I know this was a harbinger of the coming year and that both clubs, LSFSC and CVV will have outstanding matches all year long. I know they are talking about hosting this match again next year, and I would imagine we will be doing the WB State match again as well. Why don't you make plans now to visit the home range of the oldest existing SASS club in Texas.

Well said Mr Goody Sir. I agree with everything you wrote. I was one of the first time black powder shooters and did indeed have a great time.

Good friends, good food, great shoot, PRICELESS

Archived