SASS Wire Forum

Sass going downhill FASTTTTT

Coalman

Well here is my price comparison. My little girl wanted to do gymnastics and we signed her up. $80 sign up fee and $80 a month. She gets a one hour a week class....

Sass is cheap compaired to that. It cost money to do any recreational activity. And yes prices do go up.

Here is my idea. In order to make a little extra money I think Sass should do a Gymnastic class. We should call it SASSNASTICS!

Boy when I get a idea it is Bright...........

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about the actual demise of CAS. SASS maybe, maybe not.

We are in a aging Baby Boomer sport. Age takes it's toll on our Members and the new shooters just are not coming in at the same numbers.

The "Hot" new sport is 3 Gun, Action Pistol Matches. Reflects the post 9/11 Tactical everything focus. EBRs are the rage now.

My club turnout has been constant over the last 20 years. Monthly match numbers have not changed much. 40-50 per month.

As for SASS/CAS being the Friendliest Shooting activity, I have the same camaraderie at my weekly Skeet Matches, with Joking, close friendships, etc. Having said that, the Camping aspect IS more unique to CAS and the overall Weekend Experience IS still Unique IMHO.

I just now balance out my overall Hobbies and I'm not as focused just on CAS. That's a healthy thing for me. And I DID sell all the Cowboy Safe Queens this year to make room, more to sell, maybe! ;) I'm eying Vixens matched multiple pairs of 32s and matching Marlin Rifles...hmm...could buy Another Perazzi...Hmm...

I guess raising fees is going to speed up sass coming to end even faster

Coalman,

My apologies, but what exactly did you hope to accomplish with starting this thread?

No one involved here appreciates the twisting of the knife.... and speculative doom is just that.

It is my interpretation that the starting of this thread was for no other purpose than to try and add fuel to an already raging fire and it serves absolutely no purpose other than to spread negativity.

There are NUMEROUS other threads in which you have been openly invited to post your comments, thoughts, and suggestions- there was no need for this one.

For the reasons I have stated above, I am locking this thread to further comment. Please try and be productive in your posts/threads.

Misty Moonshine

Archived