SASS Wire Forum

Sass going downhill FASTTTTT

Coalman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1. OP, if you have an axe to grind just spit it out instead of posting etherial dreck.

"...posting ethereal dreck." I like that, not sure what it means or what it was in referenceto, but I like it.....ethereal dreck, yup, I like!

May be doomed somewhere. Not where I shoot. Great come back Bull!

Exactly.

Im still a very new shooter, but my involvment is going up (at the rate I can afford to, anyway), not down. in fact, it's going up three fold. Last year was Land Run, this year it's Land Run, Ruckus in the Nations and Red Dirt Rampage.

from one sanctioned match to three. Too many good folks like RCD here to let SASS go down. I plan on being a part of the solution, not the problem.

I started the SASS club at Eastern Nebr Gun Club in Nebraska in 1998. I quit shooting about five years ago. I have a Mother who is 99 YO. She is real healthy although a bit forgetful. She lives in the house I grew up in. I spend my Sundays with her because I work full time. At 99 she can't live too much longer therefore I don't shoot. Do I miss SASS? Darn right I do. Will I come back? Darn right I will if my health allows. Shooting is down in our area but there is still enough shooters to make for good attendance. I doubt it will die out in Nebraska. My grandson shot with me for five years. He doesn't shoot now because he is in college on a football scholarship. Will he shoot when he graduates? He says so. Not selling any of my guns. GO SASS!!!

:ph34r: Well, we've done the motorcycles-- street, hill climb, dirt track. Done the desert riding and camping. Did the "tactical" shoots as they morphed into 3-gun competition.

I'm in retail sales and see price increases all the time. The increases often are not associated with commensurate VALUE increases. Personally, I think CAS is getting better all the time. If it's going downhill, it's only to pick up speed for the next uphill.....

Now, with CAS, we can truly say we're having the times of our lives. With 72 years of perspective to peer through, I refuse to let the price of a movie ticket and a Happy Meal get in the way!

Is it time to shoot yet?

Nope, ain't going to happen in the near future and I saw one reason today.

Paladin Pete and I were working at the range this morning. About 10:00 a car pulls in and it's one of

our new junior shooters and his grandmother. He jumps out dressed for a match! First thought is they

got their weekends mixed up, but no, he came out to practice! For 2 hours!

Makes me feel good to see the young folks out there, because they are the future of SASS and we need

to nuture that every chance we get.

CBG

Almost hard to believe the original post??

Membership goes from $3.75 to $5.42 per month and SASS is doomed??

Good grief!

Ringer

Well this is a uplifting thread........

+1,000,000

Good grief!

Ringer

+1,000,000

:ph34r: Well, we've done the motorcycles-- street, hill climb, dirt track. Done the desert riding and camping. Did the "tactical" shoots as they morphed into 3-gun competition.

I'm in retail sales and see price increases all the time. The increases often are not associated with commensurate VALUE increases. Personally, I think CAS is getting better all the time. If it's going downhill, it's only to pick up speed for the next uphill.....

Now, with CAS, we can truly say we're having the times of our lives. With 72 years of perspective to peer through, I refuse to let the price of a movie ticket and a Happy Meal get in the way!

Is it time to shoot yet?

+1,000,000

Reading and commenting on so many of these end of the world predictions for SASS is like some of you are doing a casting call for Grumpy Old Men Part 100.

Mark Twain: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Don't think I'm gonna be selling off all my stuff just yet.

What Mark Twain dies? Man we are really going to pot.

Good Grief!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it,,,,, go somewhere else!!!! Quietly!

+1, hell I'd hate to see some of these people in real life situations.

I really don't think that there is much anyone can do about the slide n SASS membership. Sure there are problems with SASS that can be solved but the biggest reason SASS is loosing members is because we are aging out or dying out.

Today's youth have no connection to the cowboy way, they have never seen a B Western, don't have a clue who Roy Rodgers or the Lone Ranger is.

John Wayne made his last movie in 1976 long before they were born.

The youth we have are legacy shooters, the children of SASS shooters and they aren't for the most part staying in the sport as they get older.

The 92 that they shoot is a Beretta not a Winchester, their action hero's are of their generation not ours.

SASS will last as we know it only as long as we do

I guess raising fees is going to speed up sass coming to end even faster

If there was ever a "worse post ever" button to press mine would be broken I'd be pressing it so much. Misty, can you get one of those for us? :)

Good grief!

Ringer

Lead Ringer, this is perfect! To begin with the $20 bucks is minimal but putting it that way makes it even more ridicules to argue against. This is an optional luxury hobby..... No one is forcing you in it. If the dues are that much of a hardship, then just say no. I've got one word to add to that. "Budget" if you want to do something then budget for it.

I really don't see how some of y'all find a reason to get out of bed in the morning

Just like my "worst post ever" button..... I wish the "like" button would work.... I'd be pressing it for all of Wyatt's posts. :)

Well I tell you pilgrim Waaa, Haw! I will still be there as always and supporting the best we can and will continue to have a good time and meeting up with old and new friends.

So hang in there pilgrims.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

I agree with Ol Short Tom ,in the past 20 years I have made Life long friends and will continue playing the best game ever invented.

Turkey Bob

If SASS is going downhill FAST then why are there always new "old west" firearms coming out every year? Taylors, Pietta, Cimarron, heck even Winchester decided to finally get in the game!!! I think SASS maybe hit a stable point, there's new members signing up as well as old members dying and dropping out.

It'll be here for the rest of our lifetime (well most, except maybe for the 1 and 2 yr olds that are signing up!!~! :lol:

If SASS is going downhill FAST then why are there always new "old west" firearms coming out every year? Taylors, Pietta, Cimarron, heck even Winchester decided to finally get in the game!!! I think SASS maybe hit a stable point, there's new members signing up as well as old members dying and dropping out.

It'll be here for the rest of our lifetime (well most, except maybe for the 1 and 2 yr olds that are signing up!!~! :lol:

Excellent point.

BTW, the 1 and 2 year olds are what we call Lieutenants. :)

And what s really new about those new old west guns coming out beside a new name? A lowered hammer, different grip profile some very small change to get shooters is a saturated market to buy their product

Nothing stays the same. Nothing.

All sports lose members because of them seeing some injustice in the system, but for every member that leaves, three will join.....just my opinion I know, but I prefer SASS the way it is now.

And what s really new about those new old west guns coming out beside a new name? A lowered hammer, different grip profile some very small change to get shooters is a saturated market to buy their product

Regardless of how little the changes are the point is they're putting out new models all time. A lowered hammer and a different grip profile makes a big difference to me and apparently to many others who are buying them. -_-

I hope all these people talking about leaving do. Then when I get back from over here, I might have a chance at placing in a shoot.

While I was surprised to see the amount of increase in fees and was vocal in my displeasure of how it was handled, I will continue to support SASS and CAS.

I hope to pay for a life membership before too many more months, once we decide where we are moving to. Then I will join a club or two and support them.

Want to become an RO also.

Working on bringing the wife and kids into the fold also (kids are 20 now, 1 is pretty deep into pre-med so not much time) but i will try to pay for their memberships just to keep more names on the SASS roll.

My biggest regret is that I did not find out about CAS & SASS years ago.

The organization is changing... it's not going away. The game will go on in some form regardless of any organizational changes that are made. But we need to consider that without an organization providing a common thread things would drift apart and the CAS shooting community would loose it's unity. We would become a bunch of independent clubs wandering and straying off course. Clubs would stray from the established rules which now guide us and keep us all on the same plane of playing the game. We could still go here and there and shoot but attending a major match could become a nightmare without some form of continuity between all those who come to participate. SASS provides that continuity, THAT is the single most important thing that SASS does for us, and it is the major reason that we need to support SASS and keep it alive and well. I can't think of any other reason that even comes close.

Snakebite

Myself, I think it's time to block the "quests" that have nothing to offer except whining!!!!

Myself, I think it's time to block the "quests" that have nothing to offer except whining!!!!

Well I've always thought that the forum should be closed to posting by anyone other than a Current SASS member. Reading is OK.

Snakebite

Archived