SASS Wire Forum

Big thank you to John Boy

El diablo gringo

Just wanted to say thank you to a great cowboy. I attended my first BPCR mid range match and John Boy partnered up with me for the match. With his advice and acting as my spotter he got me on paper with my first shot at 600 yds. I don't know what I would have done without his help, probably sending rounds into the Delaware river LOL

EDG

gringo, Thank You for the Kind Words!

It too was a pleasure squading with you. We will have to do again.

We all have to remember - a firearm does not shoot itself - You Did GOOD, David.

For those not familiar with a BPCR Mid Range Match, it consists of 10 record shoots on NRA regulation paper targets at 200 - 300 and 600yds with a maximum of 4 sighters, each distance to be shot in 30 minutes. Shooting positions are prone and 'position' being either sitting, kneeling or off hand

We shot at the Cumberland Rifleman Club in New Jersey with the bright weather starting out at 26 degrees. Cumberland is the longest range in NJ and one of the few ranges that has concrete pitted riser target stands like those at Camp Perry. gringo even had his first experience being a target puller int the pits for our 3 man squad

Glenn Davis (SSShooter),as always runs a great match. And FYI, Dan Theodore's 'Money Bullet' was the top winners in both classifications

Me? I used a 2009 recipe and the groups 'died' at 200yds. Even had flyers that went over the target frame at 600yds into the berm... they probably 'could have made it to the Delaware River' :angry:

These bullets were pulled and are now back in the pot for another casting session

Archived