SASS Wire Forum

Some Real Idiocy From HuffPo

Subdeacon Joe

I've seen some doozies there, but, Sweet Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-desai/common-sense-gun-laws-bec_b_6408746.html

Gun ownership and civilian gun deaths are a uniquely American issue amongst developed countries. The US had over 32,000 gun deaths last year. Far more than any other developed country. Our rate of gun ownership -- 89 guns per 100 civilians -- is nearly 15 times higher than that of our closest ally, Great Britain. Despite these facts, the very mention of any form of gun control stokes the passion of the American right unlike any other issue. From the Internet trolls who threaten your family to the indoctrinated recitations of tired, machismo-filled phrases like "Molon Labe" and "out of my cold dead hands," the small minority of Americans who do have guns are very happy to abuse the First Amendment based on their misinterpretation of the Second.

Of all the pro-gun arguments used most often, the weakest is the constitutional one. I am not a constitutional law expert, but it's pretty reasonable to say that former Chief Justice Warren Burger, a conservative appointed by none other than Richard Nixon, is. When speak of the misuse of the Second Amendment to support private gun ownership, Justice Burger said:

And it goes downhill from there.

Please, go, read, comment.

Idiot! Then again, the Huffington Post is not known for accuracy when pushing Liberal agendas.

I didn't read all the article comments, but the ones I did read pretty well deflated this buffoon.

Laz

Using their own figures, 89 guns per 100 "civilians" doesn't sound like a minority. And how exactly did he decide Great Britain is our closest ally?

Amazing....but what do we expect from the HuffPo?!

Thanks for posting and making us aware of this article.....

Archived