SASS Wire Forum

WTS 12 ga 45/70 combination gun

I have a new (only test fired) 45/70 and 12 gauge combination gun. This is an EAA Baikal MP220f double barrel hammered shotgun, with their 45/70 conversion insert in the left barrel. A rear open v sight has been installed, as well as a 19th century style leather sling and sling mounts.

Steel butt plate. The insert is removable, and comes with a hard shell case (for the insert). This is a great, and rare combination gun.

I would like $650 shipped to your FFL.

Buckshot Ben

here are some pics:

image.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

I put mine together figuring at the time that I would locate down in eastern San Diego County.

Mountain Lions are a real problem in that area and I figured it was the ideal gun for the area. I could shoot deer with the .45-70 . . . small game with the 12ga. But always have an extra barrel loaded and ready for the, . . . "in case a lion suddenly appears and is stalking you". ( Which happens down in that area . . . sometimes with fatal results for the one who is stalked. ) And if it were ever necessary to actually go "lion hunting" . . . the .45-70 next to 12ga. with buckshot . . . . would be very good medicine for a lion hunt. I actually ended up in the high desert and too far from the hills to have lions around . . . but I love :wub: it and will keep it.

Someday in the future I may be located in an area where there are problems with bears, wolfs or lions where it will be the handy gun to have around. :)

Archived