SASS Wire Forum

In the ballpark

Utah Bob #35998

I used to be amazed at the people in the stands taing on their cellphones and not watching the game. It's stupid because....

A. You can take a line drive foul right in the chops if you're not paying attention, and

B. Why did you come to the game if you're not gonna watch it for Pete's sake?

So I'm watching the Rockies-Pirates game and noticed I`m not seeing that. Hmm. Then I figgered it out. Looking closely I see a number of folks (mostly young females) with their eyes downcast toward their laps, not watching.

Because they're texting.

Sheesh.

:rolleyes:

It's when they are driving and doing the same that bothers me.

Besides, in last week's series between the Braves and Rockies, well, the Rockies were routed! So who cares about watching the Rockies play anyway? ;):P^_^

True story:

While making a 10-mile drive in city traffic here in Huntsville to my home, I took note of the number of drivers on their cell phones. I'm not trying to be sexist here, just stating a fact. But all the drivers talking on cell phones were females and more than half the female drivers were talking on their cell phones. I estimate I saw at least 10 women drivers using their cell phones. My wife says women can multi-task better than men. I think women just can't not talk.

Baptist Bible Lesson for today:

Did you know there won't be any women in Heaven? :o That's right! Because we all know that no woman could keep quiet for 30 minutes when a Man has opened something. (Revelations 8:1) :rolleyes:

However, the Scriptures do say, "...with God all things are possible." ^_^

Archived