SASS Wire Forum

Sending gun magazines to troops

Cash Duckett

Fire,

Seveal years ago a friend asked if I had any old gun or motorcycle magazines to send to troops overseas. I gave him a pile about 4'high. Now the pile is getting close to that high again, this time mostly gun mags.

Does anyone know how I can get these magazines to our troops? I heard they really liked the idea before. I don't mind paying a little postage, but I don't want to break my bank either.

Ideas? Most are Guns and Ammo, Rifleman, GUNS, Shooting Times, etc... Maybe a few Cowboy Chronicles too! Has this been going on already and I missed it?

Thanks,

Cash

You can ship it media or bulk rate. I shipped three boxes a year or two ago of CD's, DVD's and I think it was between $50-$75

I'd suggest starting with the USO, since there seem to be a number of less then fully credible people out there with websites that claim to support the troops.

You could also e-mail the match director of your local club and have him send out an e-mail asking for books, cd's and dvd's or anything else the USO suggests to be brought to the next match and ask at the match for donations to cover shipping

Archived