SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Percussion Revolvers, any make or model.

McCandless

I'm Buying: I'm looking for less expensive (cheap!) revolvers to experiment on...learnin' by doing. So, send me your tired, your poor, your weary, worn out beaters... I'm lookin' for old Black Powder Revolvers of any vintage, make, or finish (rust is a finish). Doesn't need to be in working condition.

I'm learning ho to resurrect old guns and fix what ails 'em. So, tell me what you got and how much you want for it. Will even buy it disassembled and in a bag o' parts.

I'll buy assorted parts, too... cylinders, bolts, springs, screws, barrels, grips, grip frames, frames, ... what have you. About the only thing I don't need are Italian nipples. I have bags of them!

Lemme know kinda crap (I mean lemme know whatcha got) and how much yer askin'

Thanks!

McC

Are you talking about Cap and Ball only? Maybe old pocket pistols? Any Colt SAA from 1873-1896. Lots of old guns are Black Powder Guns, until Smokeless came around. Just sayin'

Jake

Are you talking about Cap and Ball only? Maybe old pocket pistols? Any Colt SAA from 1873-1896. Lots of old guns are Black Powder Guns, until Smokeless came around. Just sayin'

Jake

I'd take any of the above if I can get 'em cheap, so'se I can experiment on them!

I've picked up many early pocket pistols at 50.00 or less, some working, some not. Most needing work. Some I have the skill and equipment to fix, some I do not. I'm working on a very early Marlin .35 rimfire now.

The puzzle gun that's presently giving me fits is a Merwin-Hulbert 1st model, disassembled in a bag! I may or may not have all the parts. The David Chicone book has been the best resource so far... it's one of them "when I get around to it" projects... but that's whatcha get when you wants cheap! Well, it keeps me off the streets.

Archived