SASS Wire Forum

14th Annual St Jude Charity Shoot!

Dapper Dan,SASS#27235L

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jeweler jim

BTT

Made the motel reservations this AM. Will send in the entry forms tomorrow and think I'll probably get in under the wire before they hit two hundred.

Believe they only have one more room left in the block of rooms set aside in Monmouth so you wants to stay there you better call.

Much cheaper than where we normally stay in Rock Island and will give a couple of extra hundred to buy "fish bowl tickets" with at the shoot. With both days being at Shady Creek thought we'd stay closer and means mama will stay home cause she won't be visiting with friends in Rock Island from when the kids went to Augustana.

We need to break 50k this year!

Guest jeweler jim

Blue Spruce Motel. About 10 minutes north of the match. stayed there about 5 years. Inexpensive, nice little town (Aledo).

The commute to WI to deliver the mail must be a real bit@# if you've been living there for the last five years... ;)

Remember driving by the place many times and wondered about it.

Obviously, my challenge to the MI shooters to come and shoot has not been as productive as I had hoped. The Wolverine Rangers posted the challenge on their website and the Captain of the Wolverine Rangers, R.J. Law, will not be able to attend but has personally donated $100 to St. Jude's. I will match that $100 donation. So we now have at least $200 coming from the MI shooters to St. Jude's Shoot.

Folks, this is a fantastic shoot put on by some of the best people you will ever meet. It's a shoot that is based on fun, eating, drinking and raising money for a very good cause. Being cowboys, we always talk about involving young people in our sport -- what better large charity than St. Jude's to show that cowboy shooters care about our youth!

In this environment, is it not important for us cowboy shooters to forgo some of our regular shoots and be more involved in something that shows the rest of our society that we not only love shooting, but we're also there for other young people that need help?

--Nevada Gambler & family

Thanks so much to our Michigan friends!!!!!!! I know I sound like a broken record, but this shoot couldn't and wouldn't be a success year after year without the generosity and loving hearts of all you great folks out there. We (and the kids) appreciate it more than you could possibly know.

T.A. and Shamrock Sis

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finished up the "Spur Marlin" for the auction at the charity shoot. This year Spur donated a 1894 Cowboy Competion and I did the short stroke "Spur Marlin" conversion. This rifle is awesome. I hope to post a video of the rifle later this week.

Carty - very cool - can't wait to see it - thanks so much!!!!

Also want to let everyone know that we have had to pick a deadline date for sign-up for the match. All applications must be received by May 15th so if you have been procrastinating about getting your application in - now is the time to do it!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Shamrock Sis

• 2 weeks later...

Hello St. Jude shooters,

A month or so ago I challenged MI/other state shooters to attend. It seems that it did not really generate the interest I had hoped for. But I have had several MI shooters give me checks to present to the Charity Shoot on their behalf. I personally thank them. And, in accordance with my challenge, I will be personally matching those contribution checks.

On another note, I talked to Dapper Dan the other day. His shotgun popper is in need of 200 stale/cheap cans of beer (he suggested Keystone brand is cheapest). Unfortunately, beer never goes stale in my house!

Thank you very much,

Nevada Gambler and family

Archived