SASS Wire Forum

14th Annual St Jude Charity Shoot!

Dapper Dan,SASS#27235L

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The steak dinner is worth the the price of admission. This is a fun shoot for a good cause.

Signing up and hoping work doesn't conflict!

DDD

DDD-

It will be good to see you again - are you bringing your boy?

CR

I first came for the shoot. I return for the people....

You guys put your hearts and souls into this event and it shows. Never have I felt so welcome.

Sis, regardless of the weather, I look forward to this shoot because of the people involved at every level. I look at it as a trip to visit Family.

Hey, Uncle Sarge, can I have $5.00?

Tragedies and the fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights have been in the headlines of the national news and on the SASS Wire for weeks now. Amidst this turmoil we shouldn't forget the fight that the parents and kids with cancer face every day in this country and beyond. St.Jude Hospital, with the help of people like you, fights this fight everyday for these kids and their kin. The Cowboy Shoot for St Jude Charity is part of this fight.

To help maybe you can come to the shoot, we would enjoy your company. If you can't come maybe a donation of merchandise, aluminum pop tops(Mail to Shamrock Sis), cash or donation in memorial to St Jude. Anything and everything will help.

I know that every one of us is fighting important personal fights everyday. If you can, please help the cause of St Jude Hospital. I support St Jude because my children and grandchildren are healthy. It is my hope that this support, which is very small, will help now and perhaps the families of my grandchildren if they need it.

Please add St Jude Hospital and their patients to your prayer list. Your support and prayers are appreciated.

Marlin

BTT

DDD-

It will be good to see you again - are you bringing your boy?

CR

Planned on it. Day or so after I posted this got a call on a project that will tie me up for 3 months 6 days a week. Not sure of start date though, so still haven't signed up yet. Wish I could pin that down and work my schedule out to come up. Then there's my regular customers to take care of.

I would like to donate something for the auction or raffles. How do I go about doing that?

DDD,

I'll be sending you an email to talk about a donation. Thanks so very, very much.

Shamrock Sis

Marlin,

Thanks so much for the great words - I totally agree, the reason to donate to St. Jude is because we have healthy children in our lives - not everyone is that lucky.

Sis

And to everyone - Marlin mentioned the can tabs - feel free to send me all you can. Email me at sisandta@gmail.com for an address if you are interested!!!!

Lets put this back on front page! Anyone who has never shot this Match needs to try it out.!.!.!. It's a Great shoot,great people, and for a Good cause!

AND It's for the KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Back up top....because of the Mission of St. Jude's, the beneficiary of this great shoot. From their website:

"Our unique mission ...

… to find cures for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases through research and treatment. And no family ever pays St. Jude for anything."

Hello,

We, a family of four, are going to the 2013 St. Jude Charity Shoot in IL on Memorial Day weekend. It is a worthwhile shoot and EVERY dollar raised goes to St. Jude Children's Hospital. I challenge every Michigan shooter to sign up and donate $5 per shooter. I will match your $5 donation AND IF you bring a non-Michigan shooter that donates $10, I will match THEIR $10 donation as well. To those of you (and you KNOW who you are!) that shoot with your out-of-state buddies, come on down and support something important -- in the name of Cowboy Shooting! If we are going to stand for anything, we all have to stand together. This is the time to stand up for a worthy cause that has been done year after year. We need to now, in our political situation, show that us 'gun nuts' aren't there for the guns, but the people. We believe in our 2nd Amendment rights but we believe even more in taking care and helping those that aren't able to do so themselves. Thank God that our cowboy shooters can help out and help them. At this point in time, we need to stand up for this. If we don't stand for this, we stand for nothing.

This is the challenge that I set forth! Who is "cowboy enough" to stand up and do?

Respectfully,

Nevada Gambler

4vaqueros@comcast.net

Nevada Gambler,

What an absolutely fantastic challenge!!! We (and the kids) thank you very much!!!! Wonder if we could get someone from another state to offer up the same challenge? Maybe have a race to see what state can raise the most money for the kids??!!!! Sounds to me like the race is on!!! Thanks again Gambler!!

If you send in an application for the shoot and want to be a part of this challenge, please just say so on the application (and make sure to specify which state). If you can't attend the shoot but would like to donate as a part of this challenge, you can just send me an email letting me know what state you're donating on behalf of (email address is sisandta@gmail.com). I'll keep a running total of each state and we'll announce the winner at the shoot.

Thank you all so much,

T.A. Spurs and Shamrock Sis

BTT - for the kids!!! Haven't heard from any other states about the state challenge that Nevada Gambler got started - we could have some fun with this guys!!!! Also, it sounds like Nevada Gambler and Chiricahua Mama might be coming up with a little "prize" for the members of the winning state - but you'll have to take part in order to find out what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it for the kids!!!!

Shamrock Sis

I tried to message ya Dapper Dan but the system here wouldn't allow it. Please message me your email or phone number.

I can't make it out there, but I would like to help via my business if possible.

Thanks!

Come on Folks, we're Only Two Months away! Still need 48 to fill it up. So back to the front page for the Weekend !!!!!! I'm telling Ya! is One Great Shoot, if you shoot it this Year you will want to come back next year. It's a must be there Match's So lets fill it up because It's For The KIDS.

Looks like we won't be able to make it this year. You all have FUN and remember, it's for the kids.

:(

Archived