SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch in CC

Evil Roy #2883

I have posted on the WB Forum but thought I would do it here also. The first articles in the WB Corner just appeared in the current issue of the CC. The idea is to make WB information available to SASS members. I will be needing lots of articles pertaining to WB and would appreciate any that you can send. They can be on matches(local and annual), gear, why you like WB or about anything about WB shooting. Keep them positive. As soon as SASS can get to it we will include both local and annual match times and dates in the section so contact SASS headquarters with that information if you have WB events. Send the articles to me at evilroy@evilroy.com. I will be organizing them and sorting through them and then sending them to Tex.

Thanks for helping to grow WB.

Evil Roy

Just read Goatheads article on the Texas match. Scanned through Captain Baylors article, will read more in depth when I get done eating these ribs. Gotta say, it's the first time I have opened my Chronicle in about 2 years. :P

I saw that and wanted to send a note to someone to say ABOUT TIME! Great idea..... yeah yeah yeah... I know it's not cowboy action with a 1911... whatever.... BUT, it is FUN WITH GUNS!:D/>

I have gotten where I don't read the CC as much as I did. I hope the new Wild Bunch Corner will add a new level of interest. I would really like to get some female imput as far as articles. We have more and more women shooting WB and need to show that the smallest female can operate the guns easily and in fact shoot the 1911 one handed in the Traditional Class with no problems. Wicked Felina would not touch an automatic for our whole married life until a few years ago when for whatever reason she started shooting my 1911 and has now decided it is the easiest handgun to shoot which it is. She now has a Glock 19 and a Ruger LC9 and her snubby .38 is stored away. Someone breaks in the house better to have 15, 9mm that 5, .38 spl.

We mainly need to let people see where matches are going on how much fun we are having shooting the 1911s, stoked up shotguns and heavy caliber rifles with heavy loads. Smaller targets on some stages, big fast on others and real knockdowns with all weapons. I have shot some IDPA, IPSC, modern 3 gun, and CAS type matches and for me Wild Bunch matches are the most fun. Anyway, help me out with some interesting articles on matches, gear and fun factor.

Thanks

Archived