SASS Wire Forum

Three and a Half Man

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: Forget winning; Charlie Sheen is all about giving at the moment.

The "Anger Management" star announced Monday that he will donate $1 million to the United Service Organizations (USO), which will go toward an entertainment facility for injured troops in Bethesda, Md. The donation will mark the largest single contribution from an individual in the organization's history.

"It's an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us,” Sheen said of the donation. “They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I'm just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families."

The actor has pledged to donate 1 percent of the profits from his FX comedy "Anger Management" to the USO, with a guaranteed $1 million minimum. The first installment of $250,000 will be donated in a private ceremony next week.

I think it a great thing.

But its about getting people to watch his new show .

If FX says that the show is going to donate One million dollars to the USO ,

And the word gits around.

The FX ratings are going to go up.

Do to the fact everyone knows the sacrifice the vets have made .

And everyone will wont to see the USO git the money .

Kinda dirty pool !

GOD Bless USO, our Military and our Vets ! :FlagAm:

I don't think we can know what is in the mind of Sheen or anyone else when it comes to what they choose to do.

When it comes to the troops receiving any funds that will make their lives or recovery a better process then I'm happy for them. If someone donates money to a cause that does not give me any incentive to watch,go to or buy anything. Consider the good and don't try to pick the reasons why.

If it was a propaganda move then why do it in private as they are going to do.

Archived