SASS Wire Forum

I'm in love!

According to the serial number mine was issued in 1957. One of the later ones. It came out of the CMP as a service grade. I forgot all that Sergeant Buxton and Sergeant Ivery taught me about field stripping it so I had to go back and do some research. Funny what 50 years will do to your memory.

Well, I settled on the name for the M1 Garand. I am going to name it

ELVIRA

"Mistress of the Dark".... That's an interesting name for a non-black powder gun. :ph34r::ph34r:

I guess I am a strange cowboy, Kris.

How are you and Uno doing?

We got rain again today. :angry:

My Daughter and SIL went camping this week end down on Harstine island. It is pouring rain there.

I guess I am a strange cowboy, Kris.

How are you and Uno doing?

We got rain again today. :angry:

My Daughter and SIL went camping this week end down on Harstine island. It is pouring rain there.

Naw, you're all right BMC.

I'm having kind of an off weekend. I'm not sure if I need to get my karma adjusted or something. It's kinda like watching a movie where the sound track and the film aren't in sync. So I'm kinda laying low and staying close to home. Some examples: flipped over Uno's eggs onto the stove, poured my coffee on the counter instead of into the cup, started the washer to preshrink fabric for sewing and forgot to put the fabric in {The lid locks. Went through a whole cycle empty.} Stuff like that.

Sorry about the rain but I guess that's why they call it the Pacific North Wet, right? I hope their trip gets better / drier.

Well, I just talked to her on the phone a few minutes ago. Sounds like they are having fun anyway. Double blessed with great Daughters and great SILs, an outstanding Grandson, and the cutest little Great Grand Daughter you ever laid eyes on.

Looks like you took a page from my book. I was trying to start my string trimmer to cut some weeds. I pulled on the starter cord and wore a sore spot on my index finger. I thought well it is minor but since I will be working and such, maybe a band aid would be in order. Went into the house and applied some antibotic cream and a bandaid. Went outside and tried to start the trimmer again. Then I discovered that I had put the bandage on the WRONG FINGER. DOH! :blink:

Archived