SASS Wire Forum

The Asperley Aimless

Sage Creek Gus  SASS #64320

Some of you may have noticed my occasional reference to the Asperley Aimless when firearm choices are solicited.

The history of the Asperley Aimless is shrouded in mystery and some suspect is being deliberately supressed.

For those of you who find the more obscure corners of firearms history interesting I offer this compilation of what information I have been able to gather on this most unusual firearm.

Later I will include my experiences with the Aimless. For now follow this link to see what I have gathered so far.

Asperley Aimless

Sage Creek Gus

I feel that I have been led astray!

I had been looking for an AA for CAS shooting, encouraged by your continuing mention of said gun, only to find in this treatise that the main sighting system is in fact a peep sight and as such is NOT legal for a CAS rifle.

Fie! on you and for shame for causing me this effort expended on my search.

The only possible use for such an abomination would be in the pursuit of the nearly extinct nahga.

I feel that I have been led astray!

I had been looking for an AA for CAS shooting, encouraged by your continuing mention of said gun, only to find in this treatise that the main sighting system is in fact a peep sight and as such is NOT legal for a CAS rifle.

Fie! on you and for shame for causing me this effort expended on my search.

The only possible use for such an abomination would be in the pursuit of the nearly extinct nahga.

I tried to use my Aimless to harvest a few Nahga's for a coat but gave up after having to ride a helicopter to the horsepital to recover from the Asperley's cloaking device. I used instead my Daisy BB gun with the innards missing. It would fire a marble with enough accuracy to convince a frog to vacate the vicinity. Five Nahga's died before I had enough for my coat.

SCG

Me thinks the SBSS should investigate this wonder!

That's not going to be easy.

Information on the Asperley Aimless is being suppressed by anti gun activists all over the world. As proof notice no photographs of this firearm exist.

I used to have one of these but can't find it and suspect the dog buried it.

After having given it a good trial I was fortunate to pass it along to a friend who will no longer return my phone calls for some reason. After much haggling and name calling I convinced him to take my check for $75.00 and the Asperley. The next night there was a mysterious knock on my front door. I opened it to find the Aimless with a $100 bill rolled up in the barrel.

Sage Creek Gus

Who could forget Dr. Asperley's famous tretis on African Big Game Hunting. A ponderous tome, leather bound, gold leaf edges. It contained only one brief notation; "Shoot once, then make for the land rover. Let the guide clean it up--that's what you paid him for!"

P.S. Sorry Red-don't know what come over me. S.G. :wacko:

That's not going to be easy.

Information on the Asperley Aimless is being suppressed by anti gun activists all over the world. As proof notice no photographs of this firearm exist.

I used to have one of these but can't find it and suspect the dog buried it.

After having given it a good trial I was fortunate to pass it along to a friend who will no longer return my phone calls for some reason. After much haggling and name calling I convinced him to take my check for $75.00 and the Asperley. The next night there was a mysterious knock on my front door. I opened it to find the Aimless with a $100 bill rolled up in the barrel.

Sage Creek Gus

Okay, so the Asperley Aimless is stealthily missing, or at least keeping a low profile. Do you have any unused ammo for SBSS examination? -_-

Okay, so the Asperley Aimless is stealthily missing, or at least keeping a low profile. Do you have any unused ammo for SBSS examination? -_-

I don't have any unused ammo available but it can easily be formed as outlined in the information I provided on the webpage.

Exactly why is the The Space Based Space Surveillance (SBSS) system sticking their nose into this?

Perhaps Dr. Asperley was even farther ahead of his time than any of us realized.

SCG

I don't have any unused ammo available but it can easily be formed as outlined in the information I provided on the webpage.

Exactly why is the The Space Based Space Surveillance (SBSS) system sticking their nose into this?

Perhaps Dr. Asperley was even farther ahead of his time than any of us realized.

SCG

:blink: Well! Let me elaborate upon your suspicions. SBSS is the Stealth Bullet Shooting Society, dedicated to determining the cause of why some bullets do not ring steal. Given that curious circumstances surrounding the most stealthiyest, stealthiest, um, hard to find Asperly Aimless, no doubt said ammo is by its very association, also stealthy.

So! If there is no ammo to inspect, may I inspect the $100 bill found in the barrel? :ph34r:

:blink: Well! Let me elaborate upon your suspicions. SBSS is the Stealth Bullet Shooting Society, dedicated to determining the cause of why some bullets do not ring steal. Given that curious circumstances surrounding the most stealthiyest, stealthiest, um, hard to find Asperly Aimless, no doubt said ammo is by its very association, also stealthy.

So! If there is no ammo to inspect, may I inspect the $100 bill found in the barrel? :ph34r:

Those who atribute their bullets not ringing steel to the so called "stealthy" bullets are barking up the wrong tree. I have the same problem myself but know for a fact that this is due to PTP (Poor Target Placement) which is caused by those setting the targets on a stage not placing the targets where I am aiming.

As for that $100 bill I used it to get someone to take the Henry Big Boy I owned off my hands.

Sage Creek Gus

Archived