SASS Wire Forum

History and Connections

In all the "popular" press about Fast & Furious, the emphasis seems to be largely on the facts of the execution of the "policy". It wasn't until I read the article linked below that I learned that Rahm Emanuel and Dennis Burke (the AZ U.S. Atty., and the only person so far to resign over F&F)both worked in the Clinton Administration, and were both involved in the drafting and passage of the Clinton Gun Ban. F&F started one month after Burke was made US Atty in AZ.

And the eye-opener for me was this nugget:

"In an April 2010 e-mail to a colleague, Burke predicted that the operation would have a huge public impact: "It's going to bring a lot of attention to straw purchasers of assault weapons," he wrote. "Some of these weapons bought by these clowns in Arizona have been directly traced to murders of elected officials in Mexico by the cartels, so Katie-bar-the-door when we unveil this baby."

Given that no weapons were ever traced (until Brian Terry's death), let alone traced to a political assasination, Burke was clearly engaged in political action, not legitimate investigation and law enforcement.

Whether he acted alone, or as the local organizer for a larger concern, there seems to be no doubt that F&F was politically designed to generate a public outcry for more gun regulation, without concern for the truth.

Read the whole article:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/01/27/20120127dennis-burke-fast-furious-scandal-career.html#ixzz1kyv8rkM9

The anti forces have been working at this sort of thing for a long time Loophole. This is just one more chapter in the ongoing saga of the disarming of America.

The Founders were smart men. While they couldn't foresee the technological advances in firearms, communications, or many of the other trappings of modern life, they knew one thing never changes: the desire for power by shallow and evil men. The Bill of Rights was designed to blunt these ambitions, and it just grates on those who see the common man as a serf and not a citizen.

As to F&F, this is not just a failed sting operation. This is a deliberate and politically motivated criminal scheme whose sole aim was the usurpation of The Constitution. Holder, Burke, and everyone else involved should be charged with treason.

The anti forces have been working at this sort of thing for a long time Loophole. This is just one more chapter in the ongoing saga of the disarming of America.

The Founders were smart men. While they couldn't foresee the technological advances in firearms, communications, or many of the other trappings of modern life, they knew one thing never changes: the desire for power by shallow and evil men. The Bill of Rights was designed to blunt these ambitions, and it just grates on those who see the common man as a serf and not a citizen.

As to F&F, this is not just a failed sting operation. This is a deliberate and politically motivated criminal scheme whose sole aim was the usurpation of The Constitution. Holder, Burke, and everyone else involved should be charged with treason.

Capt.:

I thought that the 2010 elections might have seriously dented the idea that there were political gains to be had from mindless gun opposition. Guess not. I predict another run on black guns, ammo and components this Summer and Fall.

LL

LL

The last gun show I attened, in December, was a litany of black rifles and high capacity hand guns.

You might be on to something there, LL.

I hope the primer issue does not rear it's ugly head again, however.

Although I am certain that the antis have something special up their sleeve.

If .223 is your caliber, I would recommend a stockpile.

Archived