SASS Wire Forum

Tell me what I want

I need new knocking around boots.

I want a style like THIS.

My issue is I need a 12 4E. I can fit into a wide or a EE if it is not a highly structured boot. I like the Clarks a lot from having shoe's and sandle's from them over the years, but all these chuka style boots only come in a medium.

So, I need a low top easy wearing boot that can shed a heavy dew and take me on a dove or quail hunt. No codura or gore-tex. Just a nice leather boot.

I will look at everything you know about and any recomendations will be appreciated.

I gotta agree with Riverboat Red. Every pair o' Red Wings I've had has been great. Two out of three of my CAS boots are Red Wings. Some of their boots even have spur shelves.

I am being really picky on this pair. I have had Red Wings and they are a fine boot. I am just wanting a really light weight pair of low tops that will last the day with me and the Red Wings are a bit too much.

I have been looking for my exact shoe for a while now. Russell makes what I want and will custom fit them to my foot, but I can't justify $300.00 for a pair of field boots. Then I realize I have at least that much invested in a few pair that I wear once or twice a month to play cowboy in.

Crazy how a mind works.

I think my wife calls them 5' high heals :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsVudI8vl_o :wacko:

Archived