SASS Wire Forum

I need a new Coach Gun with Hammers

Baikal, my brotha from another mother. MP220F with real hammers. With all its shortfalls, it fits the bill of your original post. Hate to say it, but just checked and prices have gone up since Jan 1. I know where there is one for $379 plus shipping, NIB. PM if you need more info.

MJJ

So I go to my local gun shop and play around with a "Stroer"Sxs 12 ga SG. Made in Brazil. Stiff as hell. Really didn't care for it. Didn't look well built. Any other suggestions?

So, while you were at the gun shop you didn't look at the dozens of other model double shotguns on the rack? Serioiusly, double barrel shotguns went out of vogue after WWII. About all there is on the market at present are a few inexpensive entry level double guns, the used gun market, and very expensive custom guns. There is no middle ground in the double market anymore. The Stoeger is stiff out of the box, but easy to smooth out. Either buy a Stoeger or Baikal and spend another $100.00 having it tuned or spend $5000.00 and WAY up for a "well built" double. The only other alternative is to look for a used SKB or Browning B-22. They usually run from $900.00 to $1200.00. (And still need to be tuned for CAS shooting.)

Hmmmm . Yea thats all they had. I mean STIFF, almost broke a nail getting it open!!! It just bugs the crap out of me to be buying stuff not made here. Italy, OK, great gunmakers, China, no way. Brazil...!!! jeeeezzzz! It jsut seemed to be craappy construction. I know, its cheap. I'll keep looking

Archived