SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Book; Here Is Your War by Ernie Pyle

McCandless

SOLDYep, I know this ain't cowboy... but I'm slowly cleaning out my cave and figgured someone else might like this also, so I'm gonna pass it on.

1945 Copy of "Here is Your War, Story of G.I. Joe" by Ernie Pyle, illustrated by Carol Johnson.

No, this ain't a particularly "collectors edition" edition, just a nice old book, in Good Condition, that's a good read.

Only marking I can find is a personal gift inscription on the flyleaf, no folded pages, etc.

Hardback with Dust Jacket. the Dust Jacket is wrapped in a Brodart Mylar cover.

Here is Your War, Story of G.I. Joe, Dust Cover

1945 Gift Inscription

"Here is Your War, Story of GI Joe, Title Page

just $5.00 plus 2.70 shipping to CONUS

anywhere else, we'll talk! :huh:

I've always been an Ernie Pyle fan,,,he was shot dead by a japanese sniper near the end of the war...having said that I will most gladly buy your book. PM me your address and I will send tha gold dust and my address as well.

Hope you've had a merry Christmas, this is like one more present for me,,Happy New Year!

Cheyenne Culpepper

I've always been an Ernie Pyle fan,,,he was shot dead by a japanese sniper near the end of the war...having said that I will most gladly buy your book. PM me your address and I will send tha gold dust and my address as well.

Hope you've had a merry Christmas, this is like one more present for me,,Happy New Year!

Cheyenne Culpepper

PM has been sent!

My thanks.

A very merry Christmas season to you sir, and may you have a safe and prosperous New Year!

McC

Yes - Ernie may be one of the best authors - you have never heard of. He was born and raised in Dana, Indiana - west central - a very small town. He was a Journalism major at U. of Indiana. He wrote about the common GI - the guy that dug the trenches and shot at the enemy. During WW II he brought the war "home" to the American people. He covered North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and the Pacific island fighting.

He was awarded a Pulitzer prize for literature in 1944.

- Just my dos centavos.

Boneyard Bill

Archived