SASS Wire Forum

IAC1887 levee gun inquiry

Come On Christmas

I am considering acquiring an 1887 from a pard here on the wire. The gun won't close up unless there Is a shell in the chamber. Is this easily fixed? Who here reasonable close to Dallas Town can repair this and mayhaps do the two shell slick up on it?

I would drive 100 miles or so. Please PM me so as to adhere to Wire rulez.

Thanks,

Shameless

My C.C. 1887 also does this and has from the beginning. On this '87, the nose of the extractor on the drivers side,bumps hard on the rim of chamber when empty but is fine when chambering rounds. Might be able to round the nose of the left extractor some to help closing the lever when empty or just hold shotgun verticle when closing on empty chamber.

Just take it down to Nate Kiowa Jones. I bought my 87 from him he did a great action job on it. It is so much faster than I am.

I am considering acquiring an 1887 from a pard here on the wire. The gun won't close up unless there Is a shell in the chamber. Is this easily fixed? Who here reasonable close to Dallas Town can repair this and mayhaps do the two shell slick up on it?

I would drive 100 miles or so. Please PM me so as to adhere to Wire rulez.

Thanks,

Shameless

Like everything else in life the fix is easy WHEN you know how.

The issue you speak of most of the time is caused from 1 or both extractors hitting the chamber mouth.

To correct this, the "pad" under the extractor has to be built up some with a TIG welder, then "dressed" down for fit and clearence.

IF your willing to ship it, I would send the '87 to Coyote Cap......

Good luck,

LG

Have mercy on a poor boy. I live in Marvin Gardens not Park Place.

The 87 I never should have sold did not have the two shell mod. I learned that if I gently placed the two shells down on the carrier and did not bottom it completely out like I was going to fill the mag tube up she was a going Jenny. That is all I really want.

Shameless

Archived