SASS Wire Forum

Need help on ID of a cal. & derringer

Peso Bill SR 54015

Today I picked up a little SXS double barrel derringer, it is nickle plated and has 2 1/2" barrels, it breaks open like a shotgun, double trigger and double pull back hammer like the real old pistols, birdshead grip, it says ROSSI cal 320 on top of the barrels? Can anyone help me with info on this little pistol and what kind of ammo it takes, Can it be found anymore? I tried .32 just for the heck of it and it is too big around to fit in the barrels. Any help would be great, thanks :.)

I had two of those, the first one was .22 and the trigger guard was so small I couldn't get my fingers in it. The second was somewhat larger and said 320 on it. I was told that was the original British load for their "Bulldogs". AIR I used .32 short Colt cases loaded with black powder to shoot it.

Yep, It's a British round and chambered in ROOK single shot rifles also. The .32 short Colt is a smaller diameter than .32 Smith & Wesson. It should work. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I had one of these for a short while - it was marked just the same but 32 short colt worked just fine.

These guns were brought into the country but then no longered allowed to be imported after the saturday night special laws were put in place in the 80's.

Cool little derringer.

PR

Archived