SASS Wire Forum

cimarron frontier

Russ T. Sites

anyone know this gun, like who makes it and if its a good choice for cas, Im looking for a 2nd pistol I have a uberti gunfighter now and may work on getting 2 cimmarrons

I recently bought a pair of Cimarrom Frontier, real case hardening, very nice. They are manufactured by F.LLI PIETTA in Italy and imported by Cimarron. They are simular to the Great Western II's (also Pietta) I have with a slightly thinner front sight which is what I like, mine are very accurate. Did I say they are very nice ;) Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I recently bought a pair of Cimarrom Frontier, real case hardening, very nice. They are manufactured by F.LLI PIETTA in Italy and imported by Cimarron. They are simular to the Great Western II's (also Pietta) I have with a slightly thinner front sight which is what I like, mine are very accurate. Did I say they are very nice ;) Good Luck :)

how do they compare to uberti? I heard they are smoother

They are very smooth. I have a pair of the thunderstorms, lowered hammer and thunderer grip. I love them! :)You will not be disappointed.

Painted Filly

how do they compare to uberti? I heard they are smoother

Nope, the Italian imports are very simular, sometimes they are fine out of the box and sometimes they need a little smoothing, all run better with a set of Gunlsinger springs. I've had em all, Cimarron Model P (Uberti), Cimarron Lighting (Uberti), Taylor Smoke Wagons (Uberti), EMF GWII (Pietta). The Italian guns are what they are, CNC machined, soft screws, the Cimarron Lightings would barley function, after a trip to Cody they came back like different guns. The USFA Rodeo IIs I had were in a different class, but I've had great service from my Italian guns. Good Luck :)

Archived