SASS Wire Forum

Long weekend

This old house... Pier and beam construction. The wife has told me for months she thought the main bedroom bathroom toilet had "issues" So, about four weeks ago I crawled under the toilet and sure enough, the tank and fittings have been leaking for who knows how long. So since we get a three day weekend every six weeks, I stuffed a Tupperwear thing under the drips and waited till my weekend off. Friday dawned and I pulled the commode, and then began to tear up the water rotted floor and sub floor, scabbed in new floor joists, repaird the bit of sill plate that was water damaged, boxed in new floor supports and some rails. rebuilt the commode , tore out the sheet rock, hung new sheetrock and tiled them, put down new sub floor and floor, tiled the walls, started to install new vinyl floor tiles, installed the commode and if the Lord is willing, I will take Sunday off. So much for shooting a Cowboy match till October.

HI Wolfgang... Well, being as how it needed done, twas a work of love to do. I have to admit that the bathroom is going to look really nice with sheetrocked walls and new wall tiles and new floor tiles. This house is about 75 years old and since I replumbed it in 90, tore the kitchen out, and rebuilt it and built all the cabinets in 92 when the original AC overflow pan flooded the ceiling and it caved. Since then replaced that SC system couple years ago and most of the original windows. I am going to build a covering on the back patio my new thoughs are to build a double roof to allow the heat to reduce before entering the attic. Not sure if it is worth the money though, perhaps.. a serious redo of interior insulation in the attic.

Dang, son!

That sounds way too much like w*rk!! :angry::o

Archived