SASS Wire Forum

A Good Day...

Subdeacon Joe

Sailor Receives Silver Star After Aiding Marines

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE N.C. -- After providing medical treatment for two Marines who were shot during a firefight in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, in 2010, Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jacob Emmott, a corpsman with 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, was shot in the head.

Miraculously, Emmott survived the injury and was awarded the Silver Star for his heroic actions. The award is presented for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States and is the third highest award for valor in the United States armed forces.

“I’m not upset about (the injury) at all,” said Emmott. “We had gotten into a bunch of firefights that day, and it seemed like we were winning. It was honestly a really good day – minus the fact that I got shot in the head.”

I almost expected a "I say, jolly good day! Can't be all beer and skittles, now, can it? Well, Pip-pip! Cheery-o! chaps!"

And this, friends, is why corpsmen almost never buy their own drinks.

Well from one combat vet to another combat vet who just happens to be a corpsman , I sport da 1st bottle !! :FlagAm:

Archived