SASS Wire Forum

Video - Shooting EAA's Big Bore Bounty Hunters

I'm with you Mike, cut them puppys down to size. They also look great with the fancy grips. Most interesting is the smoke, it leaves me wondering. I had often heard that Pinnacle was the smokiest powder available but now that it is gone, who currently manufactures the smokiest of the black powders or subs?

Bob,

I've never evaluated powders on smokiness. I was shooting Goex 2Fg in the video.

It seems like smokiness can vary a lot from one day to the next. Factors like temperature and humidity seem to make a big difference. And just the right hint of a breeze can disperse the smoke so fast that it seems like there was less of it.

Well done.

I've been shooting a pair of Bounty Hunters since around 2003, with no major problems. Early on, I replaced all of the springs with those from Wolff; reduced power mainspring, and the wire sear/bolt spring and slicked everything up.

After lightening the mainspring, I've experienced some off-and-on weirdness with light primer strikes, but I think I have all of that sorted now.

And, it's no fault of the guns' that I've got some new pistols on order ... B)

Have had mine for several years with no problems. Last year I had them short stroked, action job, trigger set at 2.5 lbs. They are really nice now, and it makes a big difference in shooting for a match. I would say that they are every bit as good to shoot now than any of the more popular imports.

Archived