SASS Wire Forum

FS: Authentic Chaps and Gunleather

Ok...so it’s time to thin the herd a bit. Up for grabs are a few holsters and an nice pair of chaps. Read over the descriptions and look at the pictures. If you have any questions or want more pictures feel free to shoot me a line. You know the drill, first “I’ll take it” (either PM or posted here) gets it. Thanks for looking!!

Texas Jack’s right hand Slim Jim Holster

I got this one in a trade a while back. It appears new (I believe the original owner told me it was, but I won’t swear to it) and is made for 1851/61 Navy, 1860 Army, and will fit conversions of any of said models. It lists on the Texas Jack’s website at $70.00 so if you can use it, this is a good deal.

Slim Jim Front

Slim Jim Back

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Cheyenne Double Loop left hand holster

This one was made for me by Purdy Gear and if you’ve ever seen her work, you know the kind of quality we’re talking about here. This was made to match my original rig (featured on her website here as the Collins Bros. Rig) and will hold a 1851/61 Navy, 51/61 Navy Conversions and/or 1872 Open Tops. It may also hold an 1860 Army/conversion but I’ve never tried it; and as all of Purdy’s traditional stuff does, it has a toe plug in the bottom of the holster. The border tooling was done with original tools from the 1880’s, so just shy of an original piece, this is as authentic as it gets! This holster was only worn to three matches and has set in my closet for the last few years. Because of the quality of her work, Purdy isn’t cheap and she does have a waiting list. I talked to her the other day and if you were to order this holster from her now, you would expect to pay around $190-$210 and wait close to a year. That said, this is a great deal on a fantastic piece of gun leather. It truly doesn’t get any better than this.

Double Loop Front

Double Loop Back

Double Loop Close-up

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Buscadero right hand holster

This one was thrown in with a pistol purchase and I have no need of it.

Buscadero Front

Buscadero Back

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Authentic Shotgun Chaps

I bought these chaps from River Junction about 10 years ago, back when they were still making them out of quality leather. I’ve seen the ones they’re turning out now and they are nowhere NEAR the quality that these are. They are reproductions of an original pair that dates to the 1870’s in the hey-day of the big cattle drives. They will fit any waist size from 32 – 48 inches and have the longer cuff on the bottom for someone between 6’ and 6’3” tall. I’ve worn these some and the knee areas have some minor scuffs (I’ve tried to take some detailed pictures but the scuffs are small enough that they don’t show up very well), but over all these are in great condition. River Junction is selling these (the cheaply made version) now for $270 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chaps Front

Chaps Top Close-up

Chaps Knee Close-up

Chaps Bottom Close-up

Chaps Pocket Close-up

Chaps Back

Chaps Belt Close-up 1

Chaps Belt Close-up 2

SOLD!!

What is the measurement from the top of the belt on the chaps to the bottom of the leg opening. I'm 5' 9" and am afraid these might be too long. Great looking pair, would be great for classic cowboy, my favorite category.

TB

Buscadero Front

Buscadero Back

$15 Shipped

IF THIS holster will take a 7-1/2" OM Ruger Vaquero, I'LL TAKE IT!

I'll take the chaps. PM/email me with purchasing info.

Dan

i'll take the chaps if you're sure they will work with the measurements you posted......I'm 6'3 and a 42-44 waist......I could meet you around greensboro if that'd work or you can ship them. Just trying to be careful, bough some wollys a couple of years ago and sellers idea of 44 inches and and mine were about 4 inches off....lenght and waist.....

I'll take the chaps. PM/email me with purchasing info.

Dan

Dan,

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Please send the gold to the address below. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any more information. Thanks! I think you'll enjoy these.

Andy Johnson

P.O. Box 22

Linville, NC. 28646

Dan,

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Please send the gold to the address below. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any more information. Thanks! I think you'll enjoy these.

Andy Johnson

P.O. Box 22

Linville, NC. 28646

Thanks Andy,

I will get that out today. Try my email and see if that won't work for you...

Thanks!

Dan

Buscadero Front

Buscadero Back

$15 Shipped

I'll still take it, can use it on the saddle for mounted shooting; let me know where to send funds.

TRBill

I'll still take it, can use it on the saddle for mounted shooting; let me know where to send funds.

TRBill

TRBill,

The holster is yours if you want it. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

CK.

Archived