SASS Wire Forum

Outlaws at GoA

Tn Tombstone

I have been trying to get an answer on GoA having Outlaw, There are some of us talking about comming up but need a firm answer on how many Outlaws it take to get a catagory on the books. If any Outlaws out there want to come to GoA let me know. I know Earp wants to come up, I plan on shooting. Sure would like to get a few more to put a little interest in haveing our own danged Catagory.

That would make three, any others out there?

As an incentive to shoot with us, Lady T of Bullet Splat™ Jewelery fame, has made me a mess of copper Outlaw pins that will be awarded to the top Outlaw shooters at some of the matches. I will bring some to GoA and give them to the top Outlaws even if we do not have our own class. Just sign up with what ever your SASS catagory is, get with me so I will know you are shooting Outlaw and we will look at the rankings and see how we do. Might generate more interest for the next year.

What a great idea. Was already signed up for gunfighter. Now it'll be OUTLAW GUNFIGHTER.

If you folks haven't tried Outlaw style, there are still 8 weeks or so to practice.

Give it a try. It's only pistol and shotgun from the hip. You can shoulder the rifle.

Should be a good match, I too will be shooting GF, not sure what Earp will go with, he shoots better as a dualist but he loves to shoot GF.

Tombstone:

OUTLAW style shooting could be a big succeess at GOA because of the nature of some of the stages.

Because some of your targets are engaged shooting at a downward angle, an Outlaw could hip shoot with his/her barrels angled downward and actually be able to acquire some sort of sight alignment on the targets.

Test yeself: put a coffee cup on the floor about 6 FEET (not yrds) from you and stand in your normal shooting postition. With your elbows bent and your pistols pointing at that cup, you probably will be able to see your sites. This will be the view you have on some of those stages at GOA. You should REALLY enjoy it.

Good luck!

..........Widder

I think it was Ziggy that told me to trim my toenails before I go, they could get in the way. :lol:

Archived