SASS Wire Forum

How to dye denim?

I need to dye a pair of blue denim overalls (round house brand) to black. I am wanting to create a pair of "banquet" or "Sundy-go-to-meetn'" overalls and Round House (or anyone else) make black overalls in my size so I have to make my own. Please help.

thanks,

Slim

To help you augment your own Google/Bing/Yahoo searches, here's one way:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5125574_dye-jeans-black.html

Good luck, GJ

I already told you I would loan you a sharpie! :lol:

Tonic, who also happens to be Notso Slim's bestfriend, Kid

A couple of boxes of RIT dye in th' washin' machine should work. If'n th' overalls are new, wash 'em with some bleach to get the sizing/ stiffness out, then follow the directions on the RIT box. Afterwards when washing 'em after wearing, just wash in cold water an' they should be good fer years. Works on my jeans, an' if'n yer overalls is made of cotton denim, it should work fer you too.

:FlagAm:

RIT dye is the only way. Food for thought. Don't use your own washing machine (or Momma's) Use a commercial Washer at the landry mat then run it one more time as your leaving to protect the next user.

from someone who did it at the house.......ONCE!

RIT dye is the only way. Food for thought. Don't use your own washing machine (or Momma's) Use a commercial Washer at the landry mat then run it one more time as your leaving to protect the next user.

from someone who did it at the house.......ONCE!

you wouldnt do it to your own, but you'd do it to someone elses and the unsuspecting person coming in behind you?

thats not very cowboy :angry:

use your own machine and rinse it till its clean.

CC

you wouldnt do it to your own, but you'd do it to someone elses and the unsuspecting person coming in behind you?

thats not very cowboy :angry:

use your own machine and rinse it till its clean.

CC

Navy Blue* took one wash cycle to rinse out the machine, IIRC.

*My ex-US Army-now-USN 1910 knapsack for Wild Bunch- I got wounded and left behind at Vera Cruz in '14, fighting my way to Pershing in '16. ;)

Edit: I did my canteen cover at the same time; the bronze hooks on the cover tore up the knapsack some :angry: -not enough to ruin it, but shore gave it a lot of "character".

Archived