SASS Wire Forum

New Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck) movie

Aunt Jen

Apparently, Big Tom will air a new Jesse Stone movie on May 22, CBS. :)

I'm sure it will be enjoyable. I know it's not SASS, but he's so Quigley, that he's Cowboy no matter what he does. :wub:

Aunt Jen

I have the movie collection, so far, and was really glad to see the add last night. The wife interrupted my LR dance, in appropriate tribal white jockeys, to announce that reservations were already in place for our anniversary super out, MAY 22!

I liked the last one they done the least but thats what happens when you listen to movie critics. After about the third installment the critics started referring to the plots as predictable, he baits the suspect and then kills them when they trip the trap to murder him. Sometimes it is just realistic to accept that people do tend to be creatures of habit and I like the sneaky ways he set up the cruds. Jesse Stone saves millions in tax payer dollars in comparison to our modern court system!

I enjoy those movies. I, too, have read the books and like Tom Selleck as an actor, so it all works out well for me.

For those who are not aware, however, the author of the books, Robert B. Parker, died in January 2010, so there won't be anymore books. I was saddened to hear the news because I enjoyed all of his stuff (he also wrote the Spencer for Hire books as well -- it was a TV show at one time with Robert Urich) and he wrote a bunch of novels.

Guess I'll need to tune in!

Chick

I enjoy those movies. I, too, have read the books and like Tom Selleck as an actor, so it all works out well for me.

For those who are not aware, however, the author of the books, Robert B. Parker, died in January 2010, so there won't be anymore books. I was saddened to hear the news because I enjoyed all of his stuff (he also wrote the Spencer for Hire books as well -- it was a TV show at one time with Robert Urich) and he wrote a bunch of novels.

Guess I'll need to tune in!

Chick

There will be more books but by a new writer chosen by Parker's group. However it could be as bad as when we got a new James Bond author. Or it could be as good as if Mr. Parker was still here. I will give the first one a try and then decide. I love all of his stories and characters, so I will be hoping for the best.

Archived