SASS Wire Forum

Pioneer Arms SXS Hammer Shotgun

The Wizard

The shotgun is made in Poland, very high quality, they exhibited at Winter Range in 2010, Half a hand Henry from NM is shooting one. The company was suppose to make some tweeks to the hammer configuration to make it more SASS friendly. Nice quality, I handled one.

TB

Got a local shooter usin one. Seems very well made (ok, yes, like a brick outhouse). Smooth action. Hammers are not sharp edged and not too heavy to cock. Opens wide to shuck um good. Best hammered shotgun I've seen. Great right out of the box.

Side note. Keep the hinge area very clean. Its soo tightly machined, any excess debris in hinge area keeps the lever from locking and wont fire.

I have been using one since last fall and really like it. Like everyone else has said, it is built solid, and very smooth to operate. In addition to those necessary features, it is also beautiful to look at.

Very well made solid shotgun. Hammers are somewhat stiff; may take a few matches to loosen up.

Pricey ($1200) but you can someday give it to your grand kids

Pioneer Gun Works in Oregon sells them and they are very positive of this product. (Yea, their selling

them but they are good folks).

Ned

Archived