SASS Wire Forum

Pikes Peak 2010

Red Logan #12252

THE BEST 12 MINUTES YOU WILL SPEND (in a CAR).... WATCH IN BIG SCREEN MODE What a Ride!!

Don't worry about the 3000 foot drops straight down! Just have a couple stiff shots

before you climb in.

Turn up the volume and go to full screen.

(I would have liked seeing the speedometer but all you get is the shift lights)

GT3 Cup Car up Pikes Peak this year

http://pca.org/Panorama/PanoramaPhotoVideoGallery/PikesPeak2010RaceRun.aspx

As a Iowa flatlander all I gotta say:

IS HE NUTS!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!

Chili Pepper Kid

Great video. I was watching the driver's hands as he corredcted the slides. Hill climbs are a lot of fun, but you can't let up. Unlike other racing where you can see your opponents, it's just you and the road. Ran the Ellenville (NY) climb a few times in a Sprite or a Cobra 427 and some German climbs in a Formula Jrunior but Pike's Peak is a whole 'nother world. I wonder if he'd be any quicker with a paddle shift.

in the very late 50's n ear;y 60's I use to ride a 650 BSA up to a point called Devils Playground to just watch.. the reason for the BSA, coming down only took 1/2 the time

I dove up and down that in an F-250 pick up, you couldn't pull a greased string out of my balloon knot with a 40 mule team. Gravel and no guard rails.

in the very late 50's n ear;y 60's I use to ride a 650 BSA up to a point called Devils Playground to just watch.. the reason for the BSA, coming down only took 1/2 the time

That was when 650 cc's was considered a big bike. How many quarts of oil did that BSA leak each month? :lol:

Deadwood Slim - As a past owner of British bikes and cars, I must correct your misaprehension. British bikes and cars do not leak. They are merely marking their territory.

But I will grant that Lucas is rightly called The Prince Of Darkness.

Deadwood Slim - As a past owner of British bikes and cars, I must correct your misaprehension. British bikes and cars do not leak. They are merely marking their territory.

But I will grant that Lucas is rightly called The Prince Of Darkness.

Having owned a new Triumph TR7 that inititiated 2 electrical fires -- on its own, when I wasn't anywhere near the beast -- I'm acquainted with Lucas' reputation. As a matter of fact, the first time I heard the expression was from the dealer who said after the first meltdown, "Well, they don't call them the 'Prince of Darkness' for nothing." He then suggested I check out the Subarus on the showroom floor.

The reason the British drink warm beer is because they have Lucas refrigerators! :lol:

Archived