SASS Wire Forum

How do you feel about LATE FEES for shoots.

Korupt Karl

Mostly It's handeled this way up here , If you register by the early date your name goes in the draw-bucket if your'e late Ya pay the same ....

But are not in the running for the draw prices ....

Jabez Cowboy

Howdy Pards,

Wallaby Darlin, that just seems WRONG! If someone's "nose was out of joint" over having their application returned for failure to pay, I'd say "buh bye!" :angry:

Regards,

Allie Mo

.... that's pretty much how it went ......

The best reason to register early is to take some of the pressure putting on a match away from those who are putting the match on. Financially it can get hairy at times. So register early.

The best reason to register early is to take some of the pressure putting on a match away from those who are putting the match on. Financially it can get hairy at times. So register early.

Adding to that. A recent match I attended with a mail in registration, there was suppose to be about 77 shooters confirmed. Four days before the match, the winter weather went south big time. Match director said there were cancelations of which I don't blame them, the weather was that bad for travel. MD also said he was still getting calls from people that said they were coming and would pay when they got there. It sounded like it would be about a wash for number of shooters. Well the day of the shoot, there was approximate 55 paid shooters. I am sure the ones that got refunds got them w/o any problem. The late arrivals didn't arrive at all. I suspect the club had to gurantee a certain head count to the restraunt @ $25 per person. The restraunt shut down for the banquet so they didn't have other paying customers that night. The club had to eat the rest, and that is money not food. We had about 11 actual people on my posse and 4 no shows.

I had a good time, but here is an example of what cancelations and pay when you get there does to a club.

As a match director and annual match organizer for a small club I can tell you that the amount of work to get one of these shoots to go well is tremendous. That being said the whole purpose for an entry cut off date and late fee has been covered by others here. The things that affect the late fee are as follows: I have to order the awards and have them shipped, order the food and have it shipped, order the name tags and have them shipped. If the late shooter is not expecting an award or name tag I can usually get around the rest of them. Depending on the lateness of the application overnight fees may be involved to get the name tag and award to the shoot.

All of that being said if the shooter calls me and says he would like to sign up late, and I can get these items with the regular order than no late fee. :-) Also if the shooter wants to just come shoot and doesn't care about the awards and name tags then no late fee. For me, the late fee is to cover overnight shipping.

-Deadlee

I'm not really tryin to stir the pot. I normally sign up early for this shoot and others and this one just slipped by as I wasn't sure of what shoots I was going to get to this year. It is still three weeks off....I guess it kinda fired me up when I saw a 30% penalty for not signing up a couple of weeks earlier. Apoligies if I sound like a whinner, I really didn't mean this post to come off that way. The club is a really nice club with great people. I do realize all of the ordering of plaques, etc. I am going to shoot at the normal monthly this weekend and then I'll probably go to the other two shoots the following weekend. It sounds like they are going to fill up with participants anyway.

I do like Chuckaroos approach. Set the fee at $90 and if you sign up early save $20.....it is a lot easier looking at it that way.

Thanks all for your comments,

KK

For match organization reasons having a workable number to work with REALLY helps things out. I look at it as an incentive to help make the match better not as punishment for signing up late. It’s harder to make posse requests, badges, food quantities, etc… last minute so it only makes sense to try and avoid it.

What I did was offer small gifts like towel, etc to the first XXX that sign up and then didn’t impose a late fee….it kinda’ had the same results without the negativity.

Archived