SASS Wire Forum

Looking to make contacts in Germany

I'm interrested in making contact with SASS members in Germany who speak English. My German is not very good and very limited.

I'm trying to find out if I have any living family members still in Germany. My father had cousins in Kassel. The few photo's I have show the youngest at her wedding in 1951. Did she have children? I do not know, but I'd like to find out.

If there is anyone in Germany that might help me get started, I would be very thankful. You can PM me or email if you wish.

Thanks for any help,

Stubborn Dutchman

Howdy Pard,

I believe Cascade Charlie is over there. He's on the Wire. So, you can PM him.

Mosey over to Facebook and look up Philip Seibert, AKA Rephil. Great guy! Or, Ollie the Kid is here, you can PM him too.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thanks Allie Mo (no E)

I don't have a Facebook account. It's frowned on where I work. (security risk) I will try the others. Thanks again.

Dutchman

Howdy Pard,

I believe Cascade Charlie is over there. He's on the Wire. So, you can PM him.

Mosey over to Facebook and look up Philip Seibert, AKA Rephil. Great guy! Or, Ollie the Kid is here, you can PM him too.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie - It's Olli (no e) :lol:

Stubborn -

PM me your email address and I'll get you connected with Rephil, Olli, and Shotgun Boogie.

There are several sources you can use. The Ellis Island foundation,National Archive and Records Administration. I used the Naval Archive and was able to get the ship, passenger list, and logbook copies of our voyage.

German Villages don't have that good of Family Records, except for Birt and Marriage certificates. You have to write to the town and ask for copies of records. If your parents came over in 51, more then likely they left from Bremen shipport, they have a huge immigration file of those that left. In 51 also all immigrants still had to leave ship and go through Ellis Island, they should have arrival records. MT

There are several sources you can use. The Ellis Island foundation,National Archive and Records Administration. I used the Naval Archive and was able to get the ship, passenger list, and logbook copies of our voyage.

German Villages don't have that good of Family Records, except for Birt and Marriage certificates. You have to write to the town and ask for copies of records. If your parents came over in 51, more then likely they left from Bremen shipport, they have a huge immigration file of those that left. In 51 also all immigrants still had to leave ship and go through Ellis Island, they should have arrival records. MT

Thanks, I'll remember those links for other searches. I have passanger lists from when my grand father came over in 1900. My grandmother had brothers that stayed in Germany, and it is my fathers cousins I'm trying to locate. The last contact I have found in dads photo's was when his cousin was married in 1951. Dad had been there in 1949 on leave while he was stationed in Africa. So I'm only trying to fill a small gap.

Thanks again, Dutchman

I got your email this morning.

I'll look into it and see what I can do as well as pass the email on to Phil, Olli and Boogie if you want me to.

In the meantime, here's something to get you started. I'll attach the German translator in a few minutes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5627495_lost-friends-germany.html

http://translate.google.com/#

Charlie

I got your email this morning.

I'll look into it and see what I can do as well as pass the email on to Phil, Olli and Boogie if you want me to.

In the meantime, here's something to get you started. I'll attach the German translator in a few minutes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5627495_lost-friends-germany.html

http://translate.google.com/#

Charlie

CC-

I've already sent emails to our Three Amigos. Got a response back from Phil already. ;)

Alli Mo,

Thanks, but I have already got messages from Olli and Boogie.

You're a Doll :wub:

Ivory Jack,

Many thanks my friend. I have had replies from Boogie, Cascade Charlie and Olli.

Now it's time to go visit mother and see if I can learn any more details.

Dutchman

Alli Mo,

Thanks, but I have already got messages from Olli and Boogie.

You're a Doll :wub:

Ivory Jack,

Many thanks my friend. I have had replies from Boogie, Cascade Charlie and Olli.

Now it's time to go visit mother and see if I can learn any more details.

Dutchman

Dutchman -

Glad I could be of assistance.

Looks like we found his family..! :rolleyes:

Greetings

Olli

Olli, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Yes in deed, we hit paydirt. I want to thank everyone for their help, it is greatly appreciated!

I have writen a letter to my cousin, a couple generations back, and have the translation into German that will go out in tomorrows mail, alongwith many pictures.

This kindness, from total strangers, only strengthens my belief, that the people in SASS, the world over, are the best there are. I doff my hat to you all,... THANK YOU!

Set em up bar keep! Tonight the drinks are on me!

Olli, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Yes in deed, we hit paydirt. I want to thank everyone for their help, it is greatly appreciated!

I have writen a letter to my cousin, a couple generations back, and have the translation into German that will go out in tomorrows mail, along with many pictures.

This kindness, from total strangers, only strengthens my belief, that the people in SASS, the world over, are the best there are. I doff my hat to you all,... THANK YOU!

Set em up bar keep! Tonight the drinks are on me!

Dutchman -

There are no strangers in SASS; just friends you haven't made yet...! I knew my pards in Germany wouldn't let you down. If you want to meet them, I believe they're all coming out to New Mexico for End of Trail this year.

Dutchman -

There are no strangers in SASS; just friends you haven't made yet...! I knew my pards in Germany wouldn't let you down. If you want to meet them, I believe they're all coming out to New Mexico for End of Trail this year.

How right you are! I will keep that in mind about EOT.

Thanks again, Dutchman

Archived