SASS Wire Forum

Whats a good price.

MMJ#89586

Howdy

Ruger's list price for a 45 Convertible is $636. That is probably a pretty good price for a convertible Blackhawk with a 45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) extra cylinder.

No, Ruger will not sell you the cylinder separately, your best bet is to find a gun that comes with the extra cylinder. Ruger will fit a cylinder to an existing gun if they cataloged it with the extra cylinder.

I paid $125 for my brand, spanky new Ruger 45 Convertible in 1975. I didn't even want the extra cylinder and tried to bargain for it with just the 45 Colt cylinder. Luckily, the dealer realized what a jerk I was and would not sell it to me without the extra cylinder. Of course, that was 1975, and prices have gone up a bit since then.

Go to www.gunbroker.com and type in Ruger Blackhawk Convertible. Convertible is what they call the Blackhawks that come with two cylinders. Judging from what I saw, $490 is not a bad price. Check with a local dealer and see what they can get you one for.

As far as buying just the 45 ACP cylinder, yes, it can be done. The question is whether it will work in your gun. A cylinder has to be timed to the particular gun. If you got a cylinder, and put it in your gun, it might work fine, or it might not. Of course, it can be made to work, but that will add to the cost if you have to take it to a gunsmith. You can also send the gun to Ruger and they can fit it with another cylinder.

Archived