military quote of the day

The Headmaster

This Marine has a good point ----

.....MILITARY QUOTE OF THE DAY.......

When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,

then it became optional.

I'm getting out before Obama and congress makes it mandatory."

Semper Fi

When I went from a one room country school to a larger city high school, the shock was immense. We played on swings, slides, baseball, ice hockey on the pond that sort of thing. In high school. I suddenly had to change and shower in front of a bunch of strangers, not exactly what I was use to doing. Modesty was hard to come by, but we did try back then to do the best we could. Like carry your towel around you to the showers until the very last minute after you got around the corner. Anyhow, being young and a real hick it was pretty hard. Maybe it is easier today, but I still think that most of us just don't want to really know, okay? If I have to get in the shower with you please don't tell me you are gay???? Please? And that would go for guys or girls.. I just don't really want to know. There is a lot more going on in the military than in a high school locker room, and I was stress think of how stressed they are even without the concern of someone might be thinking about them in a different kinda way. Don't ask don't tell makes sense...

When I went from a one room country school to a larger city high school, the shock was immense. We played on swings, slides, baseball, ice hockey on the pond that sort of thing. In high school. I suddenly had to change and shower in front of a bunch of strangers, not exactly what I was use to doing. Modesty was hard to come by, but we did try back then to do the best we could. Like carry your towel around you to the showers until the very last minute after you got around the corner. Anyhow, being young and a real hick it was pretty hard. Maybe it is easier today, but I still think that most of us just don't want to really know, okay? If I have to get in the shower with you please don't tell me you are gay???? Please? And that would go for guys or girls.. I just don't really want to know. There is a lot more going on in the military than in a high school locker room, and I was stress think of how stressed they are even without the concern of someone might be thinking about them in a different kinda way.
Don't ask don't tell makes sense..

Deja- Most ya aint gotta ask noways :FlagAm:

Not to get political, but this will be just the beginning of it.

Rainbow Bumber stickers and Flags in on base housing.

Gay Pride Day and Gay Pride Parades.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines openly attending events and establishments.

The total lack of confidence in fellow service members.

I can go on and on, just imagine the possibility and the can of worms which has been opened. I feel sorry for the NCO's that are going to have to attempt to deal with the situation.

I sure am glad I have my 20 in 5 weeks, I can get my Elgibility of Retirement and go on my way.

Doc

I think many politicians do not understand what they have just done. Currently we are fighting wars in desolate desert places. This means there are no trees or any other substantial vegetation. In the military, disposal of human waste is a must for hygene as well as intelligence reasons. The enemy can look at human waste and detect moral as well as the quality of the food supply of their enemy(they can tell if desentery is rampant or other sickness from it). In the field you either dig a cat hole and then bury it when you are done. This is done in the wide open view of everyone in these locations. There is no tree to hide behind. If you are in a set position a large hole is dug so that it resembles a horse trough, only much deeper. Nothing is put around it. When you go to the bathroom you squat beside this ditch and then throw a small amount of dirt over what you deposited, again in front of all in your unit. Now what man would want to do this in front of a woman OR in this case in front of a man who thinks he is a woman? I'd prefer not to and if I was not to know it.

When we first landed in Saudi Arabia in the port areas there were large latrines built of plywood with a screen window half way up the wall to the roof for ventilation. Nothing between each hole in the wooden seat (no stall walls etc) and a large bottom half of a oil drum underneath to catch waste for burning later. This was bad enough but when we headed out to the desert areas to get ready to go into Iraq there was not even a sage bush and one had to go and then we all realized something we had not considered and there was one who claimed he was gay and I heard some complain they did not want him around when they had to go. I heard some express concern and asked why the fellow who went did not go out of sight and another replied, "where? everywhere is in sight"

we did not worry about showering for we did not do that for a looong time.

Archived