SASS Wire Forum

'Battle of Rogue River' Merlin, Oregon

Howdy All !!

This Match is listed in the events forum, but in case You've looked at the thread and wondered ?

about some more info and application etc.. I now have placed a link in the first post.

This has always been a Very Fun Match and this is the 7th Annual

and Has Gotten Bigger and Better Every Year !!

anyway, I want ta' extend a BIG Cowboy Welcome & Invitation on Behalf of the Merlin Marauders

to Join Us For A Real FUN Weekend !!!

Wimpy

Howdy All !!

This Match is listed in the events forum, but in case You've looked at the thread and wondered ?

about some more info and application etc.. I now have placed a link in the first post.

This has always been a Very Fun Match and this is the 7th Annual

and Has Gotten Bigger and Better Every Year !!

anyway, I want ta' extend a BIG Cowboy Welcome & Invitation on Behalf of the Merlin Marauders

to Join Us For A Real FUN Weekend !!!

Wimpy

Wimpy,

You got to one of the best event promoters of all time, at least thats my opinion. Deja Vous is looking for a vacation this summer on another thread(vacation 2011). I've given her and Dusty Balz my dimes worth so please throw somthin at em. I'll even trade ya a Jamesons or Balvenie for a Capt. Morgan ya pirate. AAAARGH, Matey.

Hope to see you soon( at least after the snow),

Wild

I read it and it does look really great.. the Ghost Towns, caves and shooting.. got my attention.. lol... But stuff that is shinny does that.. lol

Ya'll are making this real hard to decide.. but I love all the ideas.. very cool.. So, here is the thing... I am looking for fun of course, you can't cowboy shoot and not be looking for fun.. but stuff to do like caves and ghosts towns, and people to hang out with... I like crowds.. So most shoots will have that.. but one other element is a must.. I can nto shoot with a straight face,, it has to be funny or I don't have fun.. so, uh tell me how serious are ya'll? Cuz you would have to put me on the crazy posse or kill me.. lol

Ya'll are making this real hard to decide.. but I love all the ideas.. very cool.. So, here is the thing... I am looking for fun of course, you can't cowboy shoot and not be looking for fun.. but stuff to do like caves and ghosts towns, and people to hang out with... I like crowds.. So most shoots will have that.. but one other element is a must.. I can nto shoot with a straight face,, it has to be funny or I don't have fun.. so, uh tell me how serious are ya'll? Cuz you would have to put me on the crazy posse or kill me.. lol

OK, Dear Deja, I'll try ta' help Ya' with that ?

here's a few pics of me, if I can do this right ?

right here

and one more

now let's see ? This is at Merlin that same weekend too, shootin' Black Powder Gunfighter and I'll tell ya' I missed more shots that weekend, than I hit,

but What A Blast !!! and this wasn't at a match, but I'll tell You this I don't believe in doing anything, that isn't FUN !!!

Maybe, some of those that know me, will tell You, I may not be the Biggest Nut around, but I am one of them !!

If You can make the match, and I know it soon enough, I'll make sure You're on my Posse and You'll fit right in !!

Wimpy

Darn I want that pink hat.. lol.. Now those are funny... very cool.. geesh man that is hard to turn down.. lol. People who like crazy.. lol.. So, I might fit in? But crazy is not just funny ya know.. I have a reputation you must know that.. lol.. Of being a bit ah.. yeah.. crazy.. Well, okay fine I am crazy.. But hey.. it does look really cool.. let me talk to Rat dog.. she makes all the decisions in my life.. She has a crystal ball you know.. lol

Far be it from me to miss the Oregon State Shoot, especially if I can shoot and drink Jameson with Runnin Wild, Ima Horsen Around, Vindictive Violet, Brass Butch and Ten Sleep. It will be a hoot and I ain;t even there yet.

Hey Bob, you got a plunger up there?

Far be it from me to miss the Oregon State Shoot, especially if I can shoot and drink Jameson with Runnin Wild, Ima Horsen Around, Vindictive Violet, Brass Butch and Ten Sleep. It will be a hoot and I ain;t even there yet.

Hey Bob, you got a plunger up there?

Do we have a PLUNGER!!?? Of late, the shooter who messes with Sweetwater Jack's mind? the most during the Pocket Pistol/Derringer Side Match on Friday is eligible for the special annual award. Two years ago it was JD Walker who shot the "poker run" target with two shots from his derringer loded with .410 shotgun shells, thus scoring FOUR Royal Flushes, that got the first award: The GOLDEN PLUNGER! Last time it was Mongo, who shot it with black powder and set my target ON FIRE!, thus receiving the PLATINUM PLUNGER Award..... This year I'll have a SCARLET Plunger.... What are you miscreants going to do THIS year?????

PS: This year, in addition to live music by former Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel's band, "The Garter Snappers", there will be a live "Dinner Show" put on by "The State of Jefferson Vigilance Committee". As our theme in 2011 will be "TV Western Programs" we will be doing a previously UN-AIRED episode of "GUNSMOKE".. (and there is a REASON it was never aired...)

Sweetwater Jack M/M Terr. Gov.

Darn I want that pink hat.. lol.. Now those are funny... very cool.. geesh man that is hard to turn down.. lol. People who like crazy.. lol.. So, I might fit in? But crazy is not just funny ya know.. I have a reputation you must know that.. lol.. Of being a bit ah.. yeah.. crazy.. Well, okay fine I am crazy.. But hey.. it does look really cool.. let me talk to Rat dog.. she makes all the decisions in my life.. She has a crystal ball you know.. lol

Sooo Deja' What does Rat see in that Crystal Ball ???

and I have Ta' Apologize, cuz' both of those PINK Hats belong to someone else now, Sorry..

I Do have another one.. I'll try ta' find a pic of it ?

Wimpy

Sooo Deja' What does Rat see in that Crystal Ball ???

and I have Ta' Apologize, cuz' both of those PINK Hats belong to someone else now, Sorry..

I Do have another one.. I'll try ta' find a pic of it ?

Wimpy

Rat see flying monkeys.. she is heck to sleep with.. lol. Ever try to get a good nights sleep with a 15 lbs dog running over you in the middle of the night? lol.. She loves pink, she even has a pink parka.. lol.. I am still thinking, she could care less where I go as long as she gets to go with me.. lol

Here's the Pink Hat I wore during the past year, Deja.

I knew If I looked enough I could locate a pic of it.

It's a little bit on the used side now.

wad'Ya' think ?

Wimpy

Darlin' Wimpy!

I'm so glad you quit using Whiney's ID and are being yourself. :blink: I think Deja got confused a while back. :blink:

:blink:

Allie

Yes'em' I Agree !! Darlin' Allie !!

It took me a lot of rig'a'ma'roll, ta' be able ta' get me another e-mail addresss

en' I had ta' do that before I could sign up under my name..

Me tinks' a lot of Folks were confused at times ??

I Is GLAD I finally got it squared away !!

Wimpy

Here's the Pink Hat I wore during the past year, Deja.

I knew If I looked enough I could locate a pic of it.

It's a little bit on the used side now.

wad'Ya' think ?

Wimpy

Lol.. now that is fun!! A glittery shirt and pink and and a funny sense of humor.. cool... I love that..

Darlin' Wimpy!

I'm so glad you quit using Whiney's ID and are being yourself. :blink: I think Deja got confused a while back. :blink:

:blink:

Allie

Allies you met me... I live in the state of confussion no matter where I am.. lol.

Yes'em' I Agree !! Darlin' Allie !!

It took me a lot of rig'a'ma'roll, ta' be able ta' get me another e-mail addresss

en' I had ta' do that before I could sign up under my name..

Me tinks' a lot of Folks were confused at times ??

I Is GLAD I finally got it squared away !!

Wimpy

Okay.. now I am even more confused than normal which is okay.. time to go soak my head in a ice bucket to release the pressure from thinking..

quote Deja Vous

"Okay.. now I am even more confused than normal which is okay.. time to go soak my head in a ice bucket to release the pressure from thinking "

Dejas, I will try ta' explain,

I have been ( until the last couple days ) posting under my Brothers account

His name is Whiney Henry Yoho SASS #19832

My name is Wimpy Hank Yoho SASS #19831

It has been, Me posting all the time. My Brother opened this account 6 or 7 years back, maybe more

when He was the TG for our local club, I don't know that He ever posted here,

But I have posted alot, and I know I've probably confused alot of folks.

from now on, His account will not be used by me.

Wimpy

quote Deja Vous

"Okay.. now I am even more confused than normal which is okay.. time to go soak my head in a ice bucket to release the pressure from thinking "

Dejas, I will try ta' explain,

I have been ( until the last couple days ) posting under my Brothers account

His name is Whiney Henry Yoho SASS #19832

My name is Wimpy Hank Yoho SASS #19831

It has been, Me posting all the time. My Brother opened this account 6 or 7 years back, maybe more

when He was the TG for our local club, I don't know that He ever posted here,

But I have posted alot, and I know I've probably confused alot of folks.

from now on, His account will not be used by me.

Wimpy

Oh, gosh think of the fun you could have with that, lol... There is no way anyone would trust me posting in their account cuz i promise i would really have a field day with it.. lol.. funny... thanks for the chat and the PM/s.. So nice to get to know someone that knows LLC's anyone that knows and loves him is a friend from day one to me!!! Hugs.. Deja.

Oh, gosh think of the fun you could have with that, lol... There is no way anyone would trust me posting in their account cuz i promise i would really have a field day with it.. lol.. funny... thanks for the chat and the PM/s.. So nice to get to know someone that knows LLC's anyone that knows and loves him is a friend from day one to me!!! Hugs.. Deja.

Oh Dejas,

I could just see someone chatting away to Whiney about something "he" posted. That would not be good. I think Winey is rather shy. I did get a hug once though.

I'm so excited to finally be going to The Battle of the Rogue River. I'd paid and had plans two years ago. Then, I broke my arm and couldn't go.

I so love my pards/family I chose for myself from Oregon. Will Lady Jade be there. I haven't seen her in too long!

BTW I am bringing my SIL. She is rather reserved. I did talk her into wearing a modest saloon girl costume though. :wacko: Maybe we can get her to keep score. That would keep her occupied and enable her to learn folks names.

This is gonna be fun!!!

:wacko:

Allie

Oh Dejas,

I could just see someone chatting away to Whiney about something "he" posted. That would not be good. I think Winey is rather shy. I did get a hug once though.

I'm so excited to finally be going to The Battle of the Rogue River. I'd paid and had plans two years ago. Then, I broke my arm and couldn't go.

I so love my pards/family I chose for myself from Oregon. Will Lady Jade be there. I haven't seen her in too long!

BTW I am bringing my SIL. She is rather reserved. I did talk her into wearing a modest saloon girl costume though. :wacko: Maybe we can get her to keep score. That would keep her occupied and enable her to learn folks names.

This is gonna be fun!!!

Allie

Well Allie... Ms. Maggie and I will be there and you KNOW that "I" am really reserved... ;)

Vaya con Dios

Oh Dejas,

This is gonna be fun!!!

Allie

Yeah, the pink hat, equals shy? loll.. Describe "modest" and Saloon girl costume, lol... How did you break your arm, and did it have anything to do with apple pie? lol

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed Lady Jade and already heard back. She will be there!

Flint, yes, of course you are. :wacko::wacko:

;):D:FlagAm::D :D :D :D :D

I had told Lady Jade just last night that You were going to be here this year and I had You shooting in our Posse.

I have 18 on my list.. Are You curious Allie ??

Are Ya' ?? Huh ?

Wimpy

Yeah, the pink hat, equals shy? loll.. Describe "modest" and Saloon girl costume, lol... How did you break your arm, and did it have anything to do with apple pie? lol

No Dejas, Wimpy is in the pink hat. That is his picture on Whiney's id.

Modest: longish skirt, camisole top, not too low cut. Here's a picture of it.

It had just quit raining and I took my dog for a walk. He tugged his leash and pulled me down a slope. I slipped and fell on my arm. Yeow! That hurt.

YES WIMPY! I AM CURIOUS!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Let me guess.

Lil and Will

Ima and Runnin' Wild

Slide and Rustler

Allie Mo

Wimpy

Lady Jade

Well, that's nine. It saves you from posting all 18.

Well, No Ima' and Runnin' Wild this Year

Ima's our new Secretary and Dad is Match Chairman this year,

so they be shootin' early

Rustler's Sisters and Husbands will be here from Texas

Ricochet Ron & Idaho Sue

Ozark Rose & Kalapooia Kid

with I'm Grumpy & Warmheart ( If She can get the time off from work ? )

and Antety & Long Jim Hancock

with Powder River Rose ( She may end up shootin' early ? )

and I have a spot for Deja Vous, If She decides ta' join us ?

and to round out the 18 is

none other... than

my Brother 'Little Dickie' Ol #4

Wimpy

PS: Allie, It's not that I wouldn't welcome Your Sister ( in law ) to be our scorekeeper,

but we, meanin' the Merlin Marauders furnish a scorekeeper for every posse, and

I wouldn't want to break the Heart of a Very Sweet Lady named

Katastrophe Kate, She always does a Very Fine job for my posse.

( well, we could have Her keep our individual score sheets ? ) yes ?

Hi Wimpy!

:wacko: I think I met some of Rustler's relatives (Ron and Idaho Rose) at the Convention in 2009. Great peeps!

;) Powder River Rose, Warmheart, Grumpy, Antety, Long Jim and your bro Little Dickie.

Sounds too fun!

How long till June... :FlagAm:

B)

Allie "who is wondering what name she will come home with this time" Mo

PS Sure, maybe SIL could do that. BTW her name is Shelly. I have pictures of her on FB. Think we can come up with an alias for her. She just retired from being a school teacher.

No Dejas, Wimpy is in the pink hat. That is his picture on Whiney's id.

Modest: longish skirt, camisole top, not too low cut. Here's a picture of it.

It had just quit raining and I took my dog for a walk. He tugged his leash and pulled me down a slope. I slipped and fell on my arm. Yeow! That hurt.

YES WIMPY! I AM CURIOUS!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Cute Dress Allies... ouch that had to hurt a lot!! Sorry.

Hi Wimpy!

:blink: I think I met some of Rustler's relatives (Ron and Idaho Rose) at the Convention in 2009. Great peeps!

B) Powder River Rose, Warmheart, Grumpy, Antety, Long Jim and your bro Little Dickie.

Sounds too fun!

How long till June... ;)

Allie "who is wondering what name she will come home with this time" Mo

PS Sure, maybe SIL could do that. BTW her name is Shelly. I have pictures of her on FB. Think we can come up with an alias for her. She just retired from being a school teacher.

How about ShellyMarm , Sorry I couldn't help it

And I Know we'll come up with 'SomeThin' Else for You !! :blink: Miz' ButteMo ( sorry )

Wimpy

PS: ta Deja, I know I told You I am Not a serious shooter,

But my Brother Ronnie from Texas, well, I Do Pride myself in tryin' ta' BEAT that guy !!!

It is a very small goal, but I jus' ken't help it

I did beat him the last time we shoot together,

wuz' in Texas at Comin' at Cha' a year an'a'half ago..

so I know he'll be a'gunnin'fir me.. :FlagAm:

BY THE WAY, WIMPY! Are you still plannin' to shoot the BoRR with my TEN Gauge, like you said you would when we finished off that gallon of Apple Pie? Or have you forgotten????? Swillwater

BY THE WAY, WIMPY! Are you still plannin' to shoot the BoRR with my TEN Gauge, like you said you would when we finished off that gallon of Apple Pie? Or have you forgotten????? Swillwater

Yes... I DO Believe That Would Be A

SMOKIN" GOOD TIME !!!!!

SwillyWater..

If You're gonna' have the ammo ?

I'll DO IT !!!

Wimpy

Why Wimpy darlin you do know how to make a gal blush ! What kind words !! How sweet of you to fear Breakin my Heart... and it surely would ! :rolleyes:

Allie... I would love to have your SIL do the individual score sheets ! Deja.. hon, if you want crazy fun... well let me tell ya this Posse is the one to be on ! I just love them all !! We have soo much fun !!

Can't wait to see everyone @ Fort Swampy !

HUGS Katastrophe Kate !!

:blush:

Archived