SASS Wire Forum

Email Notification Problems

I know this topic has been discussed, but in reviewing the prior posts, I haven't seen that someone has found a solution so I'm checking in to see if anyone found something that works.

I signed up for the SASS forum using my old Hotmail account some time ago and all was swell. I got notifications just like I should. Within the last few weeks, I realized I was no longer getting notifications from my watched boards.  I signed out of my account and tried to sign back, but had to reset my password to do so. That was a whole thing because I couldn't get the reset emails to go through either. The SASS office helped with that. 

I've since come to find that not receiving notifications at Hotmail and Gmail is a known issue. I'm set up now to get notifications at my work email, but I hope that is temporary since it's hard enough to keep up with that inbox already. I tried forwarding from my work to my Hotmail inbox automatically, but Hotmail is rejecting those forwards, so I'm hoping someone has found a work around to the Hotmail/Gmail issue since my personal emails are through those. Any such luck? Anyone find something that works? Thanks!  

Edited by Bladesmith, SASS 113085

Just a wild guess! Check permissions in your settings, possibly it's blocking emails from addresses not in your contact list. Mines on Yahoo and never an issue in forever.

Posted (edited)

@Eyesa Horg thanks for the suggestion, but sadly I made sure to add the appropriate email address to the safe list on the accounts and it didn't make a difference. It's also worth noting that messages are not going to the SPAM/Junk folder, they aren't making it the accounts at all so far as I can tell.

Edited by Bladesmith, SASS 113085
  • Sad 1

That sucks, I kinda figured by now you'd have tried those things.