SASS Wire Forum

Took Me A Few Years to Figure This Out.

Life became a lot less stressful once I understood this. 

Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure

Me: Promise You won't get mad

God: I promise

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

God: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start

God: Okay

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

God: Huummm

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust

Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

Copied from fb

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

@Sedalia Dave Thank You. :)

Your post reminded me of something that I think of often when someone slows me down on the road when I am in a hurry. 

Back in 2005 I lived in North Carolina. I still didn’t have the rough edges knocked off of me from living and driving in the LA area for 15 years. 
I was heading to work one morning. As I was leaving my neighborhood when a lady stopped at the stop sign in front of me and began rifling through her console. The stop sign was at the two lane road that passed our neighborhood. The speed limit was 40 mph, I think. 
Anyway, her actions took all of a few seconds. I was ticked off but didn’t blow my horn or yell at her. All I was thinking about was what a crappy day I had ahead of me and all the moronic meetings I had to attend. 
FINALLY! She turned left AFTER AN EXCRUCIATING 3 or 4 second wait!

I pulled up to the stop sign. All was clear so I made my right turn just in time to see a concrete truck that was going way too fast hit the turn down the road from me coming the opposite direction. He left his lane and came into my lane. He was obviously not in complete control. He nearly went off that road but managed to get control and get back into his lane as he passed me, still going way too fast. 
A tingle that started in my guts expanded to my whole body. The skin on my face tingled. Adrenaline flowed along with realization, gratitude and shock. 
Had that lady not took time to rifle through her console I would have met that truck at that curve and I don’t think a 4x4 Chevy S10 would have fared well against a heavily loaded concrete truck. 

It took me a couple of weeks to find that lady as she kept her car in her garage. I know because I passed her house every day while looking for her. I got lucky in my search one day because she was unloading flowers she was going to plant from her trunk. 
As I walked up to her house she came out to greet me. I explained that I was there to thank her for my delay that day. 
You want to talk about a confused look? :lol:
She started apologizing for holding me up and I had to stop her to say “Your actions taught me a very big lesson. Not every delay is a bad thing. A delay might be God’s way of saying “Slow down! Don’t be in rush. Live in the moment. Look around when you slow down. You may just witness life.”

She gave me a hug and I went home. 

When I moved away from NC I moved to Sacramento, then Portland, then back to Los Angeles. When I ended up in traffic or I got behind a slow driver and I started to get mad I thought of that lady and that concrete truck and calmed the heck down a bit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6