SASS Wire Forum

WTT Factory 45LC Ammo for Large Rifle Primers

Would like to trade face-2-face in Central Florida 300 factory rounds 45LC.  Two hundred of them are in new Star cases.  I’m only interested in name brand LR primers that I will run in both bolt and M1 rifles.

Traveling central Florida from/to North Virginia this month and could meet somewhere along the way.

PM’s preferred.

Thanks for looking,

Capt’n Rudy (USCG, retired)

IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

Edited by Capt'n Rudy
Updated

Just an FYI, CCI 34 military grade primers are recommended for M1 Garands to reduce the chance of slam fires. Why a M1 or M1 A would require hardened primers but a Remington 742 wouldn’t is beyond my knowledge base. 

Yes, Cholla, you are most correct.  I use CCI 34 primers in my M1’s and M1A to minimize a slam fire.  Fortunately I have a decent supply of 34’s, but can ways stock away more since the 45LC ammo is excess to my needs.
Regards, Capt’n Rudy (Coast Guard Expert Rifle Medal 1971, with an M1)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Capt'n Rudy said:

Yes, Cholla, you are most correct.  I use CCI 34 primers in my M1’s and M1A to minimize a slam fire.  Fortunately I have a decent supply of 34’s, but can ways stock away more since the 45LC ammo is excess to my needs.
Regards, Capt’n Rudy (Coast Guard Expert Rifle Medal 1971, with an M1)

Very cool. I received my USCG Expert Rifle medal in 1979 using the M16. The only folks with M1s at that time were the drill team. I shuddered each time they dropped one or slammed the but to the ground!