SASS Wire Forum

WTC - grips

So I 3D printed the grips for my Ruger New Vaqueros shown below.

They are not target grips and conform to the same basic shape as found on the original firearm.  The grips conform to the front and rear of the grip frame.

I showed them to my Territorial Governor and he said he didn't have a problem with them.

In my opinion, they are just like Eagle gunfighter grips except the bump is only on one side and bigger.

However, before I use them in a state or above match, I don't want to have any problems.

I would just like to make sure they are approved by the "powers that be" (Palewolf).

So, whats the call?  Legal or no?

If you want to know what the bump is for, it helps me keep my trigger finger from extending too far through the triggerguard

grip 1.jpg

grip 2.jpg

grip 3.jpg

grip 4.jpg

grip 5.jpg

Have you shot with this profile? 

Edited by Texas Jack Black

These are the rules that will be considered regarding the legality of this grip modification:

Grips or stocks of simulated or natural materials are acceptable provided they are not customized to constitute a “target” grip or stock.

That is, they must be of the same basic shape as grips or stocks found on original firearms.

SHB p.34

stand by.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@runs with scissors

The ROC has ruled that the grips in question are NOT LEGAL for the following reasons:

It is considered a “target” grip..." due to the sole purpose of the "bump" being to position the trigger finger on one side.
"it helps me keep my trigger finger from extending too far through the triggerguard"

It differs significantly from Eagle "Gunfighter" grips in that, rather than adding material to the basic grip, Eagle grips thin the lower part.

Also...the rear view looks nothing like the same basic shape as grips or stocks found on original firearms.
The "bump" extends significantly beyond the upper portion of the grip frame.

PWB paw print (sm).jpg
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 9