SASS Wire Forum

BPCR

Cullie Halfcock

9 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

All depends on your front sight height. ;)

36 ain't bad....

Thank you. Looking forward to longer distance targets. I have found tons of archived threads from you guys and it’s helped me tremendously. I went with the Kelley Soule and Lee Shaver front globe with spirit level, it’s remarkable how disciplined a good set of sights can make you be on the bench or sticks. Still have a lot to learn but man is it fun learning! Thank you guys for putting in the labor and sharing all the knowledge. 
Cullie

9 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Callie, not sure if the drive is too far for you, but check these folks out. An awesome bunch that shoots long range every month. 

https://freestaterangers.com/rifle-range-information/

Also, the Butterfield Gulch Gang are having their annual match the first weekend of May. There’s a great long range match included. 

https://butterfieldgulch.com/

Thanks Slim! 3 hours 7 min Drive definitely not too far for me! Appreciate the heads up and will be visiting those folks. With only knowing my 100 and roughly 200 yd MOA’s right now I don’t feel I’m ready to get in the way. But! I may just attend tomorrow as a non shooter to see what I can learn! Thanks again! 
Cullie

2 hours ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

Thank you. Looking forward to longer distance targets. I have found tons of archived threads from you guys and it’s helped me tremendously. I went with the Kelley Soule and Lee Shaver front globe with spirit level, it’s remarkable how disciplined a good set of sights can make you be on the bench or sticks. Still have a lot to learn but man is it fun learning! Thank you guys for putting in the labor and sharing all the knowledge. 
Cullie

https://shilohrifle.com/forums/

Cullie, my 100yd zero on my Sharps rifle is 34moa with an MVA soule staff. I have a pedersoli staff that zeros at 7moa on the same rifle. There’s some differences in the manufacture of these sights.
For BPCR my drop is about 55 moa at 500yds shooting a 500gr at about 1150fps, so I dial up to 89moa to start on the rams and adjust as needed for conditions. If I’m going further out, I’m dropping about 130moa on the Quigley Buffalo at 805yds so I dial in 164moa on my sight to start. 
your settings will vary depending on your front sight height and the load you’re shooting, but you’re in the ballpark with your 36moa zero.

46 minutes ago, The Loose Moose said:

Cullie, my 100yd zero on my Sharps rifle is 34moa with an MVA soule staff. I have a pedersoli staff that zeros at 7moa on the same rifle. There’s some differences in the manufacture of these sights.
For BPCR my drop is about 55 moa at 500yds shooting a 500gr at about 1150fps, so I dial up to 89moa to start on the rams and adjust as needed for conditions. If I’m going further out, I’m dropping about 130moa on the Quigley Buffalo at 805yds so I dial in 164moa on my sight to start. 
your settings will vary depending on your front sight height and the load you’re shooting, but you’re in the ballpark with your 36moa zero.

Thank you. I know it made for a big grin to basically clover leaf 3 shots in a 2” Bull at 90 yards. If I can do my part to carry that accuracy farther out I’ll be in for a fun treat for sure. 
Cullie.