SASS Wire Forum

Time to start making your own percussion caps

John Boy

El Cupajoe: Just wanted to say that I love your sign-off quote. When I was a child in Kansas City, the local CBS affiliate would sign off with Anita Bryant singing that verse of the Star Spangled Banner. Until now, I'd never encountered anyone but me who knew about it and liked it.

19 hours ago, Oddnews SASS# 24779 said:

El Cupajoe: Just wanted to say that I love your sign-off quote. When I was a child in Kansas City, the local CBS affiliate would sign off with Anita Bryant singing that verse of the Star Spangled Banner. Until now, I'd never encountered anyone but me who knew about it and liked it.

Thanks!  It's quite a song.  Trust in God and stand up for what's right, He'll take care of the rest.  Seems to be my theme for this year.  Had a son born in October and I have a thing for obscure Biblical names.  Couldn't come up with a good one (at least not one my wife would agree to) until we were sitting in church and pastor spoke about Shadrach Meshack and Abednego.  I remembered their Hebrew names so we chose Azariah.  The name means Yahweh is my helper.  it's a pretty common obscure name in the OT, almost every time it appears however, the man with that name is either standing up for righteousness in the face of wickedness, or instrumental in bringing about a spiritual renewal in the land.  There is wickedness afoot in this world, but all that is required of us is to stand and not back down because we answer to a higher Authority and Power than those who wield their political correctness, and killings of convenience, and lofty ideals about fixing things that can't be fixed if we would just give them more power.  

Azariah's middle name is Leeland, because when we shelter in the shadow of the Most High God, it doesn't matter how fierce the storm is, we have safety and security for righteousness and justice to grow and flourish.

No apologies for my free speech here,  I wouldn't be doing myself or you any favors if I did.

Archived