SASS Wire Forum

Any scrimshanders out there?

I'm puzzled by your saying that lasers won't work.

The one on the left I got in 2004 I believe. Had just learned that my granddaughter was a werewolf.

I think the lady's name was Traci Walters. Her company was Get a Grip. And that wolf is scrimshawed.

The one on the right I got four or five years later, thinking Lobita might be interested in playing cowboy. Russian Hound did it with his laser.

It does not look as "crisp" as the wolf on the left. But it certainly worked.

IMG_20200722_203622.jpg

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'm puzzled by your saying that lasers won't work.

The one on the left I got in 2004 I believe. Had just learned that my granddaughter was a werewolf.

I think the lady's name was Traci Walters. Her company was Get a Grip. And that wolf is scrimshawed.

The one on the right I got four or five years later, thinking Lobita might be interested in playing cowboy. Russian Hound did it with his laser.

It does not look as "crisp" as the wolf on the left. But it certainly worked.

IMG_20200722_203622.jpg

I've had a lot of laser work done by three different craftsmen, some is positively spectacular  This time I have Kirinite (SP?) faux ivory from Eagle Grips and my guy says it melts under either one of his lasers.

I used to do scrimshaw the old fashioned way but my old eyes and fingers just aren't going to cut it anymore.  Or maybe they will but I've just gotten lazy.

Archived